87 GN Astro Roof + Twilight Sentinel; Super clean car

dhauser

The end is fear
Many GNs you see under $10k are beaten and bruised junk that often require substantial additional investment before they can be considered good-looking, reliable drivers that are worthy of car shows and cruise nights. This is NOT one of those GNs. It has been very well-maintained and always adult-owned.

This '87 GN comes with the rare Astro-roof and twilight sentinel options (both work perfectly). Beautiful base/clear finish over a super straight body. Excellent glass, trim, emblems, and chrome factory wheels.

The original interior is very very clean, with only the most minimal signs of wear. Supplemental boost and knock gauges and a cleanly installed Pioneer CD head unit (that sounds great) are the only derivations from stock. Options include G80 posi, cold AC, working cruise, PW, PDL, power seat, power antenna, power trunk release, moon roof, twilight sentinel, rear defrost, remote passenger mirror--a very very loaded Grand National. EVERYTHING WORKS.

Car runs and drives like new because it's always been maintained as it should. Minor bolt-on upgrades include injectors, chip, AFPR, K&N filters, ATR stainless downpipe, exhaust, mufflers and tailpipes, Bilstein shocks, rear seat braces, new rotors and pads, new Powermaster, new OEM radiator, all new body bushings, ball joints, tie rods, and bushings.

As you can see, lots of care has been given this car to keep it in top condition. Car can be driven anywhere and proudly shown at any car show or cruise night. A few minor cosmetic flaws here and there are the car's only faults, but nothing unexpected with a 20+ year-old car. Worst flaw is a small silver-dollar size bubble on the corner of the driver's door. I can have this expertly fixed for a small additional cost, but is not included at this price.

Original mileage is 127k. Given the car's history and cosmetic and mechanical condition, it is priced VERY affordably at $9900 and is therefore FIRM. I have not advertised the car beyond here and my local Craig's List. It will hit ebay in early December. This is a lot of (nice) car for the money, and comes with lots of extras not mentioned, including tons of books, manuals, car cover, new moon roof weather strips, etc.

Will provide VIN for interested parties who call to discuss the car and wish to run a Carfax. PM or email me if interested, or call me at 816-734-2396 or 913-461-4890.

Attachments

• TB4.jpg
    TB4.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,692
  • TB5.jpg
    TB5.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 1,669
  • TB6.jpg
    TB6.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 1,652
  • TB7.jpg
    TB7.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 1,646
  • TB2.jpg
    TB2.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,661
More pictures

Attachments

• TB1.jpg
    TB1.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 1,633
  • TB3.jpg
    TB3.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,620
  • TB8.jpg
    TB8.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 1,618
  • TB9.jpg
    TB9.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,605
  • TB10.jpg
    TB10.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,622
I've been asked about trades. Will consider your trade, but am primarily looking for nice #2 to very nice #3 condition muscle cars. Can go up or down on a trade. No major projects.

Not going to have much interest in later model Mustangs, Camaros, TAs, trucks, or bikes, so if you want to offer that, be prepared to take a real beating on it, because they just aren't bringing any money right now. Not being flippant, but that's just the way the market is, as many people can attest to.

can you show a close up of the flaw..

that is a super nice car you have there...:smile:

I'll post a pic of the flaw later in the week. I didn't take a pic of it in my initial batch of pics.

Doug i'm helping someone find a car. you should have a PM from him. He has cash in hand and is Very serious about buying..

Scot W.

Looks real nice, alot better than some mid mileage cars ive seen on ebay.

Good luck on the sale

BW

Doug i'm helping someone find a car. you should have a PM from him. He has cash in hand and is Very serious about buying..

Scot W.

Thanks for the referral, Scot. We've been in touch and he may be calling me tomorrow. We'll see what happens.

I wish you were alittle closer Ive been looking for a moonroof driver. Looks like a great deal!

I can deliver to the Detroit area pretty easily, as my main transport company is based there. ;) Distance is never an issue if the car is the right car.

hi,does the car have any rust and how long have you owned it?looks good.thanks

As noted in my description, one small bubble the size of a silver dollar or smaller at lower corner of driver door.

Pic is now attached.

I've owned the car a month. Bought from a very conscientious owner who had car for 6-7 years prior to me getting it. Been driving it a lot! :)

Attachments

• FlawDoor.jpg
    FlawDoor.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 1,308
will somebody buy this car its killing me!
if i didn't need to buy a truck it would be on its way to my house this weekend!
i have more money than this in mine and its not even streetable :(

I am getting lots of local and non-local interest. Showing the car locally in an hour. Someone is going to let a great deal slip away and kick themselves in the arse for doing so. :eek:

I will be away from the PC tomorrow and Thursday, but can be reached at one of the following numbers: 913-461-4890 or 636-208-7305. Please try the 913 number first. Thanks.

Bump. Back from T-giving, so I will also quote you a price for delivery if within 500 miles or so of KC.

Going to ebay 1st part of the month--price will be higher.

Couple people are ruminating over it, but may miss out. I'm surprised it isn't already gone.

bump

Thanks for the updated picture of the "flaw". If thats all someone would have to worry about,your car is one killer deal,wish I didn't have so many cars !!!! Tony T:cool:

Yes, that small bubble is easily the worst flaw on the car. Someone is going to be extremely happy with the deal they get on this car.

I looked at this car this past Tuesday,and it is a nice car.Doug took me for a ride,and it seemed very tight!!! The ONLY reason I didn't buy it was I want a lower mileage GN.
Mark