87 Buick T-type, Turbo 6.0L LSx/4l80-e FOR SALE

ITSNOTAGN

Shadow Master
I have recently came into some pretty big bills that i cannot afford, so i need to sell this car. I have alot of money and more hours than I can even imagine into this machine, and i am very upset that it has to go. Here is a list of all the parts that have been replaced, and all the mods that i can think of that have been done. There are some things that are not yet finished, and i am selling this as a running and driving, but 3/4 completed project car just so you know
87 Buick Turbo-T, WE-4
original paint
around 140k actual miles
2 small accidents on Carfax, one was a front bumper and dented drivers fender, 2nd was a small dent on quarter panel behind drivers door. The body itself is in very good shape, only rust being on the front bottom corners of the doors like every g-body, and a few small dents here and there. The paint is original and checked on the top areas, but still intact. The front bumper support was cut and the rub strip removed, but no holes have been filled on the bumper.
Since 120k miles, it has undergone a major overhaul.
The body was removed, and everything on the bottom was cleaned, blasted and painted with POR-15. The frame was boxed, and blasted, painted with POR-15.
Poly body bushings, UMI tubular rear control arms, and full front suspension overhaul. Also a TRZ rack and pinon steering was added. In the rear, a new Quick Performance 9" was put in place with a spool, all new internals, 31 spline Moser axles and 1/2" wheelstuds, a 3.07:1 gear and 11" disk brakes.
For the drivetrain, a 2002 LQ4 6.0L was bought with 60k miles, and i made mounts and a crossmember to put it in. Everything under the hood has been cleaned and painted and looks unbeleiveable. I made a turbo system with a facotry manifold, and a stainless log manifold on the pass side. This feeds into a Borg Warner S400 turbo, 75mm, and is controlled by a 60mm wastegate. Heres a parts list for the engine and drivetrain:
6.0L LQ4, 9.4:1 compression
Lunati 224/224-112 .565 camshaft
7.4" Lunati pushrods
Pro Products Typhoon intake
65# Mototron injectors
HP Tuners 2-bar Speed Density tuning
4l80-E trans, fresh fluid and filter
Fuddle 3200 10.5" converter
3" steel driveshaft
9" rear, 31 spline with lightened spool
3.07:1 gears
Moser Axles
1/2" wheelstuds
11" rear disk brakes
Borg Warner S400, 75mm turbo. 1.32 A/R turbine
60mm wastegate set at 9psi
New fuel tank and 255 walbro pump
1/2" fuel feed, with -8 AN braided hose
3/8" return with -6 AN hose
Pro Products FPR with liquid filled guage
4" downpipe
4" exhaust out the back with 2 Dynomax race bullets
Stainless Steel brake lines with new hoses
New manual master cylinder
Stock rims, also 8.5" wide T-Type rims

In the interior there has been little done so far. The headliner is shot, but the seats and dash are in very good shape.

This spring the dash was removed and the firewall was coated with a heat/sound barrier. Also the dash and heater box/ducting had sound insulation applied to them. At the moment the only guages are oil press and fuel, as I havent gotten that far yet.

For the bad stuff. I just got this going again last week, and I am fixing a few small problems as i go. At the moment there is a exhaust leak at a v-band connection on the manifold that needs fixed, the downpipe is not complete or wrapped, and the 4" exhaust is not on the car, but is complete. The charge pipe and couplers are only temoporary. On the rear brakes i am currently bending the lines and hooking them up. There are no guages except oil press. There is no A/c Compressor, i had planned on making a bracket system this summer. The trans cooler is not hooked up yet as i dont have any hose at the moment. The headliner is shot, the carpet is pretty good. Needs an alignment as well.

That is all I can think of right now, beleive me, i dont want to sell, but i have to. I am willing to sell as-is, but will continue fixing the problems as i go. The car is driveable just fine, and most everything works. If you wanted to make a drag car out of it most everything is done. I havent scaled it yet but it should come in around 3650lbs. Last year the engine was making about 660hp at the crank, and close to 600 ft-lbs. It was very reliable and gets good gas milage when your not on it, and drives nice and tight.

Right now, i am asking $15,500 for this car. I would venture to guess i have a bit over $20k into it thus far, not including the purchase price. It has a clean title and new tags. I am open to offers and such, but dont waste my time with rediculous lowballing. I would consider a partial trade for a nice V6 F-body or a 04+GTO. Really dont want anything else on trade though, but go ahead and shoot me a PM with possible offers, trade or cash. Any questions just ask. The car is located in mid MN, but i can help with delivery to St.Paul MN, Souix falls SD areas.

Links to pics:
Grrh77 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Gary

sorry to hear that brother! good luck and try to be as patient as you can under the circumstances!

Wanted to update this ad, the car is still for sale, and runs and drives very well. The exhaust is all complete, still a couple small exhaust leaks but it is better. The rear brakes are all hooked up and stop great. Trans cooler is hooked up as well. Last week i went on a road trip with it and knocked down a bit over 24mpg, it was more but thats just a rough minimum. I will be taking more pics in the next day or 2, and i am going to give this thing away for $14,250. That is a steal, for what this thing can do, and i dont want to go any lower. If anyone is interested please PM me.
Gary

Wondering if anybody is interested in this thing yet? I am now moving and going back to school for a new career and would like to just have the cash for school.
This month i pulled the motor and put all new bearings in the bottom end, ARP rod bolts, new timing chain and oil pump. Also has a AEM wideband.
The car ran a 11.42@119 last saturday on a very very rich tune and only about 7psi. This was on 89 octane and drag radials with only 12 degrees of timing-oh and a 40mph headwind. I have no doubts whatsoever that a mid-10 is capable with a better tuneup and some more boost. Last year i was running 10mph faster than this turned up, so it has a good 100hp left on tap.
If i can get $12k for it, i will take it. Otherwise i would like a partial trade for a LS1 F-body, stock or modded (preferred) and some cash. Moving right next to a roadcourse and would like to change from a drag to road car.

If you are interested at all or have a good trade, LMK i may be very open to offers.
$12,000
Gary

Hey man, any updated pics of the whole car? You are the one thats got me interested in building an LSx turbo regal... I would definitely buy this car if I could get my GN fixed and sold... I just dont have the heart to cut up my car and put a LsX in it, even if it were a twin turbo monster... just a bump and a kind word man! Good luck! I think Im about to switch schools too so I know the feeling of being a broke college kid lol.

any whole pics of whole car ? i am right at the onset of doing the same project. maybe i can buy into yours. thanks robby

Im sorry I cant take it off your hands man... our shop just opened up today and all of my cash is currently tied up or I would be up there buying it right now... You wouldn't want to trade for a nice driving GN would you?

Im sorry I cant take it off your hands man... our shop just opened up today and all of my cash is currently tied up or I would be up there buying it right now... You wouldn't want to trade for a nice driving GN would you?

Depends, the one in your sig? I could do a partial trade + some cash to even things up?
Gary

hey brother how are you making out on the sale of your gn? if you were closer i would definetly take a serious look at it!