87 buick regal interior swap

REGAL_SS

THE GRIM REGAL
ok so i have 87 buick regal i just got done installing a built 355 and th350 tranny and i picked up a set of gn seats and center counsel and would like to hear some ideas on how to mount them and help locating parts to do so any help appreciated . thanks

If it came equipped with a bench, floor brackets will need to be welded in as well as the bracets for the console. Perhaps you didn't notice, but this particular forum is about general TURBO tech. There are other forums on the site you would find your answers at.

Looks like the appropriate forum to me, a Regal is a Regal, Turbo motor or not. Maybe non Regal owners should not post in this forum? (El Camino owners;)) Welcome Regal ss

I did the same thing a few years back. As far as the seats, they will bolt right in. The seat mounts are the same for bench and buckets. From what I remember with the console, one of the brackets is there. The other I made up a spacer and used a self tapping screw. Hope this helps.

Looks like the appropriate forum to me, a Regal is a Regal, Turbo motor or not. Maybe non Regal owners should not post in this forum? (El Camino owners;)) Welcome Regal ss

No, the appropriate forum would be interior restoration.

I converted a column shift T into a floor shift car before.

I found a Cutlass (G body) at the Junk Yard that had and cut the floor/ trans tunnel off with the brackets on it.. dropped it on the floor of my column shift car and tack welded it then I brushed on a generous amount of sealant/epoxy along the edges (epoxy similar to the epoxy GM used at all the sheet metal overlapping points in the truck and on the floor). then i copied the hole for the shifter cable that was al ready on the peice of trans tunnel i cut out of the Cutlass.

You will need a shifter cable and shilterless column. etc etc

hope that helps.

If it came equipped with a bench, floor brackets will need to be welded in as well as the bracets for the console.

No need to weld. Buckets will bolt right in as long as you have the mounts on the bottom of the seats.

brackets for the center console, on the other hand, will need to be attached some how. Drilling and bolting down ARE options, just make sure you get em lined up right!!! Welding is the prefered method of course.

see my car had a full bench in it and only has two mounts per side so i have the seats in but they are only bolted in on one side so i need the seat brackets for the in side and gbodyparts.com has them but they want like 300 for them and that is just nuts

Mine had 60-40 seats-istalled 84 gn seats-bolted right up.Installed hurst lightning rods-welded brackets for shifter and one console bracket.
Doc