87' buick powered camero?

spooledyou

I rip people off. Do not deal with me.
If you bought an 87' Manuel camero, v6 or z28 whatever, would a gn drivetrain bolt in since it runs the 700r4? Just curious.

You might try posting this question in the "Hybrids" forum. I'm sure the guys that visit over there would probably have some good input.

It seems logical that the drivetrain would fit in an 87 camaro since GM put the drivetrain in the 89 TTA's. As far as bolting up to the 700R4, THAT I have NO idea.

A Buick engine will NOT bolt up to a 700R4 w/o an adapter kit, or mods to the tranny case.

But like what was stated above, this is better discussed in the Hybrid forum. :)

aren't the heads used in the TA application different??
as in the angle on the exhaust side in order for the headers to clear the body??

Do a search, there are multiple people (including myself) who have done that swap. It can be done with some mods. And yes, the Buick GN heads will work but only on non-AC cars. The 700r4 trans will need an adaptor plate (as mentioned above) Not sure if a Manual trans would work...my guess is prob not very well.

All bop engines (buick olds pontiac) had a specific bolt pattern not compatible with chevy transmissions. An adapter plate from TCI is 40 bucks and will allow it to bolt up but you then need a custom converter to compensate for the extra thickness of the adapter plate. Thats what I did to hook up the TCI 6x to the turbo 6 engine