86 T-Type White Hardtop

timothydog

I’m selling my 86 T-type after 10 years of ownership. It was bought brand new by my Aunt and Uncle and has been stored indoors its whole life. I’ve had little time or money to put towards it recently and it has been in storage for the last 4 years so I decided to sell. I’m really hoping to sell to an enthusiast so I’m listing it on the forum here first. The mileage is 164K. I bought it with 120K

Here are the specs and list of mods I’ve done to it since I bought it bone stock in 2000:

2.5” Hooker dual exhaust system
Rebuilt transmission with less than 20K miles on it
Rebuilt stock turbo & ported exhaust elbow
Ported inlet housing
160 degree thremostat
9” cone air filter replacement and DIY cold air kit
Adjustable wastegate and upgraded turbo gauge
Machined aluminum adjustable fuel pressure regulator
Walbro 307 fuel pump w/ hot-wire kit
30# green stripe injectors
Z93 Race chip (also have stock chip)
Replaced valve springs (CC980)
Replaced water pump, timing chain/gears and radiator
Torque converter lock switch

The paint is mostly stock and in decent shape. Some light surface rust was removed by me when I bought it and the driver door and back quarter panel were repainted. There are a few spots of light surface rust that can be taken care of very easily (see pics). Overall the body is very solid. The interior is in excellent shape. No rips tears or holes anywhere.

It’s been to the drag strip a couple times (with fellow Buick guy and forum member YGETV8/Jay). My best time was 13.4 in the ¼ with street tires and 94 octane (and my crappy driving!). This was also before completing all current upgrades. This car should be in the 12’s with very little work.

I have a trunk full of stock parts that I took off the car that will go with it and I also have a very nice set of service manuals ordered from the dealership. There are 6 or 7 really thick books in binders.

I’m really sad to see it go but I know this will be a great project car for someone that has the resources that can really take it to the next level.

I'm asking $7000 obo and I'm located in Northwestern Illinois (Quad City area) ~3 hour drive from Chicago. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Picture Gallery

Wow! Right across the river from me! Weird day for me, I've met 3 GN guys today in the Quad Cities. Never met anybody but today they are popping out of the woodwork! I believe you have some of my parts on that car. Jay came by to pick some stuff up a few years ago. I'm thinking he was probably working on your car that day! Shoot me a messege if you need any help. ----Jeremy

hi, give me a call 773 575 5556 Im in Chicago would like too see it.

I will call you today.

Wow! Right across the river from me! Weird day for me, I've met 3 GN guys today in the Quad Cities. Never met anybody but today they are popping out of the woodwork! I believe you have some of my parts on that car. Jay came by to pick some stuff up a few years ago. I'm thinking he was probably working on your car that day! Shoot me a messege if you need any help. ----Jeremy

Hey Jeremy! I might have some of your parts. You never know. Jay and another guy Jeff helped me out quite a bit when I first got it. We GN/TType guys are few and far between here in the QC.

I will call you today.

Hey Jeremy! I might have some of your parts. You never know. Jay and another guy Jeff helped me out quite a bit when I first got it. We GN/TType guys are few and far between here in the QC.

There are more TRs in the QC area and NE Iowa, NW IL, and SW WI than you may think...

I'm pulling this one back up to the top. I posted it about a year ago and it hasn't sold yet. Still in the same condition. It's been sitting in the garage for a year. Any takers? It's going in the local paper and eBay soon.

The starting price is now $6000. I'm trying to find a way to change the original post.