86 T Type, Rare Combo

hiballin

Bettie is the boss
It’s time to sell my 86 T Type. This car has been my trusty daily driver every summer for the past three years now. I’ve just decided that I need a car that is less conspicuous for daily errands so this car has to go. Unfortunately, I cannot travel unnoticed in this car.

This T Type has been meticulously maintained by every owner it’s had. It has a well documented history. I am the third owner of the car. The first owner put 85K on the it with many of the miles documented in a log book that comes with the car. The second owner didn’t have the car long at all. He planned to drag race it, but before he got around to it, he was hurt at work and had to sell the car. I bought it with 86K on the clock and it now has 103K.

This is a perfectly optioned turbo Buick with speed in mind. No power options, no defrost, RARE full bench seat with column shift, cruise control with tilt wheel, rubber floor mats, standard am/fm with fixed antenna. Ice cold R12 A/C. Aluminum bumper supports and rear drums. I’ve never scaled the car, but it’s got to be light.

Upgrades are as follows:
K&N filter
HD intercooler hoses
RJC plenum spacer
32LB injectors
TT chip
30LB boost guage
Hooker cat back exhaust with rear tips painted to look factory
Test pipe in place of cat
Enkie 16” wheels with 235/55 16 Conti Sport Contact tires
Bilstein shocks
Vacuum brake conversion
Long wheel studs on rear axles and drive shaft loop for those who wish to race the car.

I’ve never had the car to the track but the recipe is tried and true for 13s. The car is very clean with mostly original paint. It’s been stored every winter since new, so rust is minimal at best. Original wheels with nice center caps are included. This car is turn key, I should probably keep it. Price is $8500. Serious buyers can PM me, or email rjc@yousq.net, or call 563-590-3559 to talk about the car. I haven’t advertised this beauty anywhere yet, I’d prefer to see it go to a board member.

Damn, looks very nice. This one will not last long. Best color too! Good luck with your sale but you won't need it, you got a real beauty there.

Where is your location? How is the paint on the car with alot of it being factory paint? Any pics of the common rust areas? I had one similar to this but with buckets.

Where is your location? How is the paint on the car with alot of it being factory paint? Any pics of the common rust areas? I had one similar to this but with buckets.

The car is in Iowa, near the WI and IL border. The paint looks great, not too shiny, not too dull... typical of a older lacquer finish. The original owner had a bicyclist hit the front fender. I can't remember which one and the paint matches so well it's hard to tell what side it was. The only rust on the car is in the lower inside door seams. It's very minimal and could be addressed if desired. I was going to get to it, but since it's my driver, it hasn't been a priority.

Thanks for the kind words. The Enkies were a great addition to the look of the car. They work well with the light body color and the black out trim. This is nice one to be sure, it's going to be hard seeing it go. I won't sell this car to a local, otherwise every time I'd see it, I'd wish I would've kept it.

More Pics

I forgot a few of mods for the list. It has a CK Performance shift kit which works great, and a billet AFPR. Also a Walboro fuel pump and hotwire kit, and driver and passenger valve cover breathers.

Basically, this car has everything done that the majority of us would do to a stock car.

If you have any pics of the doors that would be great. Turbomike, yes it does bring back some memories. That was one car i wish i would've kept, i love this color combo for some reason. I'm gonna get shot if i bring a third turbo car to my stable:biggrin: I'm really thinking about it though.

What the hell go buy it.Did you see the guy that posted pics of the we used to own its in the members rides section.

More Pics, Info

The rust in the door seams is so minimal, it probably wasn't worth mentioning. I have a tendency to make a car sound worse than it is with my decriptions.

The second owner added the trunk braces you see and also front frame and rad support braces from Kirban.

This is a good one!

Does this car still have the peg leg non-posi rear? How are the seats in the car. Was the front seat recovered at anytime? Trans shift good? any shift flares? Headliner good? Sorry for all the questions but I'm really interested in this car.

Nice

Man that thing is killer.. Awesome color combo.. Definately cant see it being here for much longer.. Wish I had the cash. Anyway good luck!!

Does this car still have the peg leg non-posi rear? How are the seats in the car. Was the front seat recovered at anytime? Trans shift good? any shift flares? Headliner good? Sorry for all the questions but I'm really interested in this car.

The car has an Auburn posi unit that the second owner installed. It is nice and tight... chirps the tires sometime around right turns. The seats have the original fabric which is holding up beautifully and the headliner is not sagging anywhere. I'll post some better shots of the interior soon.

Trans shifts crisp and firm. I had a CK performance shift kit installed last season.

Answering good questions is no sweat.:wink:

More Pics, Info 2

Here's some interior shots, and another mod the car has that I forgot is an Auburn posi unit which the second owner installed.

Here's some interior shots, and another mod the car has that I forgot is an Auburn posi unit which the second owner installed.

I can really see myself with this car. Would be nice to have two 86 light metallic blue T Types! Iam really thinking hard:biggrin: I will PM you:eek: