86 Metallic T, 4500 obo

Olie00

-Already sold this on ebay but buyer never responded. Its been 3 weeks and time to try this board with real buyers.

Below is my listing:

1986 T-Type description

Quick Facts:

142,000 miles
New paint
Good interior
Lots of new parts
Usual performance upgrades installed
12.00 sec quarter mile / 24-25 mpg overall
Needs a rebuild soon (has rod knock)
Asking for $4500 obo

Call 260.578.9609 to see the car or ask more questions.
LOCATED IN NORTH MANCHESTER, IN 46962
(I work a lot of hours but will get back to you asap if you leave message)

LONG DESCRIPTION:

I will try to highlight all of the major upgrades and work, as well as any needs this car has.

The car has had pervious owners that have all added upgrades to this car. The last owner had a professionally rebuilt engine installed just before I purchased the car and it still has had few miles of use (less than 20K). Unfortunately it has developed some rod knock. The previous owner documented the cars performance at 12 seconds flat in the quarter mile and since then it has even received a few upgrades in performance bolt-on products. The transmission was rebuilt by the owner before last with a build up that would reliably withstand more power and heat than a regular rebuild and it shifts fine. It has a 2800 stall torque converter upgrade. As for my contributions, I have had the car repainted and most exterior parts replaced with new trim including bumper fillers, headlight bezels, air dam spoilers, ect. Many, many new parts and pieces have been installed on this car. This car has a clean car fax history and title as well.

Quick overview of cars main areas:

Exterior;
New high metallic paint as mentioned before only a little over 2 years old along with many new trim pieces. Rear passenger tail light has a small area as seen in detailed pictures but is not very noticeable at all. Tail light covers on eBay for around 50-80$ and are easy to replace if you like. All the bulbs in the tail lights have been replaced with new bulbs. A small part of the intercooler air scoop is missing from this car and should have a new scoop installed for best performance. There are no emblems on the car after repaint. I wanted a cleaner look. I think I have some to put on if you want them, also cheap to buy new. Drivers door was rebuilt with new hardware, pins, and window motor. New truck and door lock drivers side too. Underside of car looks pretty clean with trunk floor and wheel wheels in decent condition. New suspension springs in front end of car. The rear springs have air bags installed that are individually adjustable for tuning performance as well as a taller more aggressive look when traveling down the road.

Interior;
Refer to pictures as they are a thousand words when trying to describe this area. The biggest thing that comes to mind is the upgraded leather rear seat and door upholsteries. They are black. The buckets are stock. Power driver’s seat. The climate control needs ac recharged I think and will not switch from vents to defrost. It has power windows and door locks. It had switches installed in the ash tray cover previously that I removed. (see picture). The headliner and visors were professionally redone and look nice. The heater coolant valve and heater core were new when I purchased the car. It has newer black floor mats all the way around and double sets for rear. It has an expensive aftermarket sunroof. Digital dash works great. JL audio 3.5” speakers in the dash with new dash trim piece. I think I left speaker wire installed for rear speakers if someone wants to install a set for a complete stereo. The trunk is carpeted. Boost gauge on the A pillar installed.

Driveline;
Engine: As mentioned needs rebuilt due to rod knock soon. Will still drive but starts knocking after it warms up. The dual exhaust is newer aluminized from the SS aftermarket down pipe back when I purchased the car 3 years ago. It is a straight through exhaust with no mufflers or cats. The turbo acts as a muffler and you can really hear the turbo whistle and spool loud and clear. The down pipe is a 3” stainless steal upgrade as well as an upgraded 3.5” intake into the engine. I added a 3.5” LS1 MAF with translator box. It has also had the complete fuel line replaced last fall with new style line, filter, and fittings. The digital dash reads the fuel level a little high and needs to be re-grounded at the gas tank for more accurate readings. Fuel pumps have been upgraded and hotwired for high flow. Billet adjustable fuel regulator, adjustable waste gate actuator, and 93 octane thrasher chip. The engine has chrome Edelbrock valve covers and new spark plugs, wires, serpentine belt, starter, and starter cables. This car shifts hard and has good traction on BFG 275mm tires on outlaw aluminum rims. New shocks, tires, and rims by previous owner.

Other;
The car needs drivers side window weather seals installed which are included. The paint has a high metallic ratio to give it a unique look with its outlaw rims. It turns a lot of heads and gets compliments often. Break lines were all redone, along with new heavy duty slotted and drilled rotors in front with extreme duty pads. The rear drums were upgraded to perfect condition aluminum drums with new shoes for weight savings and better heat dissipation. New calipers and wheel cylinders all the way around. It has been correctly converted over to vacuum breaks upgrade.

Modifications and Add on’s List;
I will email this to you since the server has lost my previous record of posts and does not allow hyperlinks to be added untill I have posted several times...

Thanks,

Ben Olinger
North Manchester, IN

.....Pictures in next post(s)

VIN, Add on's List, Pictures

Also wanted to add the VIN # 1G4GK4774GP426130

I'm running another carfax, lost my original. Will have that on hand and should be fine.

Please click the link to view add on's list:
EXCEL format [metallic.xls]
You can save and change numbers around if you want, the formulas will automatically adjust and it may be something you can use to keep track of changes with your turbo cars in the future, if nothing else, as a template. These numbers are not extremely accurate but rather estimates on costs. This is what I know to be installed at a minimum and my estimates.

If you cant view in Excel format than maybe you would like to download a WORD format document [metallic.doc]with complete discription, add on's list, and pictures:

54d4_3_1.jpg

5bd6_3_1.jpg

540e_3_1.jpg

59de_3_1.jpg

55b9_3_1.jpg

57f3_3_1.jpg

5cea_3_1.jpg

5aee_3_1.jpg

5730_3_1.jpg

567a_3_1.jpg

Car is pending possible sale till this weekend, still taking offers and answering any q's. Car must sale. I will throw in free shipping ANYWHERE in continental usa!
Ben

Well is Olleoo selling you the car pgoffner?

He told me he had a potential local buyer and to give him a few days. When he didnt return my calls or respond to my emails I went ahead and made a local deal. Picking the car up today if everything checks out. So, I guess his car is still available.

Reduced Price

I WILL now take 3500 for the car. If no takers I will keep it and put a new engine in it and make it a drag car.

First I've ever seen chrome Edelbrock valve covers for a Buick 6, I must be missing out.