86 Grand National 10 sec street and strip $13,000

Scary Fast

History: Up for sale is my 1986 Buick Grand National. I am the 3rd owner. I purchased the car in Atlanta in 1995. Since then the car has been about 95% restored. The car was painted 6 years ago. I have considered it a show car and a fast street / strip car. A Car built to handle a weekend racing warrior type. It has 600 hp and is capable of running mid 10’s in the quarter mile.
Under-carriage: I installed coil springs (variable rate in rear), Competition Engineering adjustable shocks, Billet aluminum Upper and lower control arms, drive shaft with heavy duty U-joints, Jeggs Aluminum pre-load differential cover, Full Spool with 390 Gears. Moser Axels 31 spline. ATR 3" down pipe to cat back exhaust straight pipes. Re-welded stock header exhaust. The fuel pump is high performance Double pumper capable of handling 800+ Hp.
Engine/Trans: The engine only has about 3000 miles on it. It was completely rebuilt. The rebuild included balancing, steel main caps, ARP studs and bolt throughout, 30 over size forged JE piston, file fit rings, Reed Cam (224-224) and heavy duty double roller timing chain. The heads are stock iron heads but are Champion C&C ported and polished with oversize S.S. valves. New 130 lb valve springs, push rods and 1.5 Harlan Sharp roller rockers. The intake manifold is Champion port matched and polished. The Throttle body is an Accufab 70 mm with a precision plenum and RJC power plate. The injectors are 83 lb with Max Effort 16 position chip. The turbo (which only has about 1000 miles on it) is a John Craig LT 70 series w/ adjustable waste gate actuator. The air induction is a 4 inch pipe from a 14 inch K&N air filter. The intercooler is a Spear Co. front mount. The ignition is stock with 10mm custom fit plug wires and MSD dis 4 setup.
The transmission was rebuilt locally with less than 10 miles on it. An Art-Carr kit was used in the rebuild, high volume pump, billet servo and trans cooler with fan. The converter is a 9" Art-Carr with a 3000 stall. Also has a drive shaft loop installed.
Interior: The interior of the car was basically mint when I got the car. Now the driver seat is worn with a slight tear in the middle. It has T-Tops with new weather stripping. It may need a few small odds and ends but for the most part it is a wonderful car. I have pillar mounted boost. Located under the radio is the dual gauge holder for the water temp and oil pressure gauges. The stereo is a Rockford Fosgate CD player.
Misc: The car also has 4 15" GNX style wheels. New BF Goodrich Radial TA on the front and back. On the car is a fiberglass Hood, front bumper with the center cut out for intercooler, and plastic rear bumper that looks stock. Four Centerline Drag lites with ET drag 28 x 10.5 slicks and front skinnies are included in with the car.
For Sale Pictures: www.myspace.com/86grandnational
Reason for selling: I am selling the car because I work full time and I am newly married with looming debt. The car sits much more than I think it should. It is my first car that I have bought with my own money. In the last 2 years I put less than 50 miles on the car. Anyone who knows about these cars knows how much a piece like this is worth. It is definitely a 10 second everyday driver. Before the new trany it ran 11.3 @ 115mph. The trany did not hold the power in 2nd and 3rd. Now it is perfect and ran 11.3 @ 121 mph with a 1.9 60’ on low boost of 21 PSI. This car is nice. I can be reached @ 770 310 1988. Or email bursmith@hotmail.com as I have stated I am a pretty busy person so please only call if you are really interested in the car. $13,000

Car location.

Currently the car is located in Cumming, GA 45 min. north of Atlanta.

I have started living in Kissimmee, FL two weeks ago. I can make arrangements for a veiwing of the car.