86 GN w/ T-tops 600+HP in NJ

motrhed87

1986 GN w/ t-tops and 80k miles. Car is in great condition. Body is laser straight and car shines like crazy. Car recently put out 518 hp at the wheels which puts is somewhere between 625-650 hp at the crank. Car has run 10.80 @ 125mph. See link for video and dyno sheet.

My Cars pictures by Bee615 - Photobucket

Mods include:

Motor & Trans:

Limit LT-70 turbo w/ adj. wastegate and RJC boost valve
Precision front mount intercooler
Ported GN heads
Diamond forged pistons
206/206 roller cam
1.6 roller rockers
Ported intake
62MM throttle body
LS1 MAF w/ Translator
RJC girdle
Big Mouth Cold Air kit
55 # injectors
Twin Walbro fuel pumps
Terry Houston 3" DP
Razor's progressive alky system running 100% methanol
Turbo Tweak custom chip
Hooker cat back w/ no cats and SS tips
Dynotech trans w/ Pro-Torque 3600 stall converter
Vacuum brake conversion with S-10 spindles and Hawk pads

Exterior:

Recently refurbished set of GTA wheels (black powder coated centers with clear powder coat over the aluminum). BFG Comp TA's on the front and MT ET Streets on back.
New t-top weather stripping
Tinted windows
GTS headlight covers and professionally tinted taillights

Interior:

Buick Motorsports pro comp tach
Oil, Temp, and Boost gauges
Custom color-matched seat covers
Alpine head unit
Custom center console
Turbo-6 floor mats

You could not build this car for less than $30k. Asking $18,000. Located in northern NJ. Email me at sytsmac@optonline.net with any questions. Thanks.

may be interested

nice car! just a few questions, does every thing work. AC Cruise ect. I would need car to be complete , no projects once so ever. Is there any rust in the door seams or t-top area. Any rust at all? Is the dash cracked or warped in any way, Is there a cage installed? What would be the next upgrade you would do if you kept the car?

Beautiful car and priced right good luck with the sale but if I was you I would keep it!

I checked & drove this car out last weekend. Just wanted to say its a really clean car. Great paint. Looks awesome.

I drove it, although I never floored it, (I don't beat on others cars,) this thing flat out flies!! With drag radials, as soon as I got on the throttle, the tires broke loose & it pulled like a freight train! Matter of fact, as I pulled to the stop light, a guy in a van pulled along side & yelled "awesome car" & gave me a thumbs up.
If you are looking for a head turning, great looking & fast T Top GN, this is it. I am looking at mostly t type cars & had a little less to spend so I didnt buy but this is a really nice looking car. Chris is a really good guy too. GLWS.

I checked & drove this car out last weekend. Just wanted to say its a really clean car. Great paint. Looks awesome.

I drove it, although I never floored it, (I don't beat on others cars,) this thing flat out flies!! With drag radials, as soon as I got on the throttle, the tires broke loose & it pulled like a freight train! Matter of fact, as I pulled to the stop light, a guy in a van pulled along side & yelled "awesome car" & gave me a thumbs up.
If you are looking for a head turning, great looking & fast T Top GN, this is it. I am looking at mostly t type cars & had a little less to spend so I didnt buy but this is a really nice looking car. Chris is a really good guy too. GLWS.

Thanks for the props Ken.

Any Rust, does everything works?

Can you please answer Jarid's question, I am also interested but kinda essitant about it since you seem to be avoiding his question..I see you have an RCJ girdle installed, any leaks from it? every car i have come accross with a girdle leaked oil like the EXXON VALDEZ tanquer..

nice car! just a few questions, does every thing work. AC Cruise ect. I would need car to be complete , no projects once so ever. Is there any rust in the door seams or t-top area. Any rust at all? Is the dash cracked or warped in any way, Is there a cage installed? What would be the next upgrade you would do if you kept the car?

I answered via PM but here is my response for everyone's benefit.

The t-top rails do have a pretty fair amount of rust. The previous owner had applied a heavy amount of silicon to the area to get it sealed. I thought it looked like crap so I ripped it out and put in new weatherstripping but did not add any additional sealant to prevent leaking. I have no plans to ever let the car see water so it was not a worry of mine.

I did not paint the car so I don't know what the body was like. I believe there are some patch panels on the bottoms of each door and I do not see any rust anywhere besides in the ttop rails.

I believe it is still the stock rear with factory gear ratio. I recently had the rear serviced with Royal Purple synthetic oil and a double dose of posi additive. Mechanic said the old oil was nice and clean (no metal).

No cage is in the car. The next upgrade would probably be a 2nd nozzle for the alky kit and maybe some bigger injectors. A 10.80 car is plenty fast for me on the street so I have never really investigated more engine mods.