86 gn looking for help

jrs86gn

is there any body in the Rochester NY area that can help with gitting my Buick running. car sat from 1995 until i got from the original owner in 2003, I had in running and on the road last may drove 30 miles and the turbo went.new turbo and allot of other parts and now i need some help, I have been working on cars a long time but this Buick has got me stumped.

I'm not from Rochester NY but.....

What kind of problems are you having? Your Hemi Ram shouldn't be faster than your Buick. :biggrin:

as of now it wont shift out of 2nd gear. plus tps codes high and low and I have metered the tps 10 times and it doesn't matter where i set it

TPS should be .38-.44 volts at idle, (not sure what wot values are at the top of my head). Seems strange that you can't keep it at one value.:confused:

Have you tried doing a search on Turbo Regal Web Site They have a technical reference page that shows where all your values should be at idle and WOT. Also, what kind of scan tool do you have?

That should work setting the TPS but to really find out what the car is doing you should get a known good Scanning device like Direct Scan or Scan Master. They aren't cheap but your gonna be in the dark with out it. Have you been able to start it?

Come to think of it, if it won't run, a scan tool won't do you much good until you do get it running. I assume you checked the basics if it won't start like checking for fuel and spark?

O.K. There are a couple of things you can check with the transmission. TV cable for one could be out of adjustment. It has a push button and a notched cable for adjustment right where it mounts on the throttle body. If it is pulled back too far, it will shift really late or not at all. Also, could the shifter be out of adjustment? Trans fluid level O.K.?