86 GN engine rebuilding/tips available?

fordkiller

Hey everyone,

I had an 86' T-type way back that I sold so I could get an 86' GN. I bought it with engine trouble and I've had it for a few years now and am finally ready to put the engine together.

Anyone know of an engine assembly manual that can give me tips on a 3.8 turbo rebuild? I've been out of the game so-to-speak for a while and know there are tricks on installing the improved rear-main seal and other tips on sealing the engine different from what the factory manual says to prevent oil leaks, etc.

I do have the factory service manual set but need to know if there have been any publications/how-to articles on engine rebuilding for our Buicks.

I live in the Ann Arbor, MI area and just got done going to the Buick car show/swap meet in Norwalk, OH. The racing got rained-out on Sunday but the car show was great on Saturday. Anyone else here go?

Thanks,

Fordkiller

There aren't any publication with all the nuances of building these engines in one place.

More than one way to do things as my Grandpa used to say.. My way and the wrong way... Just take your time any questions just post them up... you will find there are some real top ntch uys here who know there stuff, and a few wiz bangs.. Night even suggest buying your parts from a reputable vendor and they could walk you through it . Gbodyparts.. Weber.. and so on.