86 G/N coming together

MJOHNSON

Well, I'm fairly new on the board. I wanted to let you guys in on my build. I bought my 1st G/N back in Oct. of last year. 86 w/70k. Motor was just redone when I purchased. Had champion iron heads, roller cam, you get the idea. The car ran like crap and I chased my tail on this thing for 2months. So I finally had a F.A.S.T. system installed converted to E-85, and obivously new fuel pump. After all that I had it on the dyno and found lots of small issues and just some great tuning by the guys that are working on it for 2 days and the bottom line is that this ol' girl is make a little power nower now. It has a 63 p-trim turbo(I know ..not the best) but it's what I got. Also has a single shot 3' exhaust w/borla muffler and it made 515 hp @ the wheels w/18.6 lbs of boost. Took it to 24lbs and it got to 576hp @ the wheels. I have to say that I was pretty impressed by the driveability of the car and the amount of power as well as the mpg. I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best of all, It still has EVERY option on it right down to the a/c and cruise, and it all works. Sorry for the long post but just wanted to share this or I was gonna pop.---------MJ

Lets see pics please! I have a 86 GN also, almost finished with it. Bought it about 5 years ago, was just sitting in my garage until about a year ago. finally about finished. I know yours will kick mines ass though! :( I have a stock block & crank, Eagle rods, JE pistons, & a comp cam. PTE 62 mm turbo, & PTE stock location intercooler. Will post pics when its finished.

Update, After getting the car to run well, I have been collecting parts. The car is going over to be stripped and widows removed and have the car re-painted as the checking is just too much for me to handle. I have been buying a lot of NOS bumper trim/fillers, window moldings, headlight bezels...etc. I'm not sure if I'm going to leave the wheel well moldings on or leave them off once it's been re-painted. I have a ton of suspension upgrades for the car coming as well. I'm going to update w/pics on the build so hope you guys don't mind me sharing, but non-buick folk just don't get it as to why you put so much time/money/effort into these cars.---MJ

[quote="MJOHNSON,but non-buick folk just don't get it as to why you put so much time/money/effort into these cars.---MJ[/quote]

they sure don't........... :)

Please post pics, I would love to see them. I am working on a '86 myself. Just needs to be wet sanded, buffed & a couple little things like emblems & such. Been working on it for about a year and a half. Ready to drive the wheels off this summer. Lol

Well Here are some pictures, veray early stage of repaint. All the small yellow dots are tape that we put on that we saw that either had small ding or dent. The hood/deck lid/ doors are now off and are getting dipped on Monday. Rear 1/4 glass is coming out on Monday and then we will start doing the rest of the stripping. All in all everything came apart very easy and well. Super happy with that for sure. Was able to find most NOS seals for what needed to be done which was nothing more than one door seal and w
Grand National re-build and re-paint 017.JPG
Grand National re-build and re-paint 018.JPG
Grand National re-build and re-paint 019.JPG
Grand National re-build and re-paint 020.JPG
Grand National re-build and re-paint 021.JPG
Grand National re-build and re-paint 022.JPG
Grand National re-build and re-paint 023.JPG
Grand National re-build and re-paint 024.JPG
Grand National re-build and re-paint 025.JPG
indow sealing strips.