85 T Type

8URVETT

Hey guys the stock trans. in these are 2004r's right?

I would assume so but just making sure
just Got one no motor or trans

Not just any 200 4r! If you are going to go back to stock(engine and tranny)get a bq code tranny. Or you could upgrade and get the 86-87 brf tranny. I had an 84 GN I parted and to my surprise the tranny was NOT original, came out of a olds delta 88 with a 350 diesel:D . It is not worth s*#$ and been sitting behind my house for 3 years. Do it right! Get the correct transmission. HTH;)

No this is a car that has been set up for a small block chevy

I got a monte carlo ss with a 7004r that I got alot of money into that trans and want to make sure that the cross member i got will fit and all that sort of crap

Thanks for your help

No, thanks for your help

This site just didnt have the resorces to tell me what trans came with this car and I just wanted to ask

Originally posted by 8URVETT
No this is a car that has been set up for a small block chevy

Tough break. :( I'll never understand why people wan't to slow these cars down. :rolleyes:

monte carlo ss's came with 2004r's too

and if it has a 700 put in it then its a 700 R4 not 4r

btw its not that the site dont have the info its just you dont know what your looking for

im a sb chevy fan but i'd say your screwing up a nice car by putting a sb in it

I have searched long and hard for a turbo buick but dont have the money for one that has not been beat to hell modded all out.

I want to clear something up. I bought the car this way full 3 inch duals, holly blue pump, sumped tanks no motor no trans. Everything I have herd was the thing to get was a 86'-87' TR because of the intercooler. Trust me I would never tear up a TR to put a chevy motor in it. But I have a Small block that is just dying to go into this car and I love the way that the TR looks, Maybe one day I will have 10,000 dollars to through at a Nice un-beat GN but not any time soon.

Trust me I kow that its a 700r4 it was just a typo Ive got way to much money into this trans to not know what it is

And i searched all over for this info on the trans but couldnt find it I was wrong to say that the site didnt have it. Sorry.

Thanks for all your help guys.

700/200 id

Hey, a quick way to tell which trans you have- besides the positive id of counting bolts on the trans pan... the bell housing on the 200-4r is dual pattern CBOP, the 700-4r only had a Chevy pattern.
Understand several of GMs trans fit this mold, but its just a quick way to get an idea of what you are lookin at. By the way, I'm not certain, but didn't all the Monte SS come with the 200-4r?

Brew

Yeah, most all montes after 84' i think got the 2004r.

I just wanted to make sure that my 700 would bolt up to the crossmember ok.

I bought my monte with a 700 init already.