85 HA new engine, new ta44

I've personally seen Reed rebuild/update a leading brand turbo and last an entire season or more when that same turbo wouldnt previously make more than one event, and somehow he manages to find more power in it as well. You can't buy the quality he puts into these units from the big guys. I see him "rebuild" box units from almost all the big manufacturers all the time because they don't meet his QC standards. To say that he knows what he's doing would be an understatement. If you spent a day in his shop watching him Work, you would see not only the detail and expertise that goes into the "rebuild"(some make seem like an off the shelf operation but it is far from it; you can't rebuild a turbo with a jackhammer like you see in the magazines and expect it to last), but you would see that this dude will literally give you the shirt off his back. Things happen and nothing is perfect, this is a one in about 4-500 build situation and I'm certain everything will be resolved. The buyer beware thing is far from reality, if you can't get in touch with him by phone, email or text...he will respond. The guy builds turbos from 0800-1000pm sometimes 7 days a week so answering a phone call with a compressor housing turning 1500 rpm on a lath is sometimes difficult.

I've personally seen Reed rebuild/update a leading brand turbo and last an entire season or more when that same turbo wouldnt previously make more than one event, and somehow he manages to find more power in it as well. You can't buy the quality he puts into these units from the big guys. I see him "rebuild" box units from almost all the big manufacturers all the time because they don't meet his QC standards. To say that he knows what he's doing would be an understatement. If you spent a day in his shop watching him Work, you would see not only the detail and expertise that goes into the "rebuild"(some make seem like an off the shelf operation but it is far from it; you can't rebuild a turbo with a jackhammer like you see in the magazines and expect it to last), but you would see that this dude will literally give you the shirt off his back. Things happen and nothing is perfect, this is a one in about 4-500 build situation and I'm certain everything will be resolved. The buyer beware thing is far from reality, if you can't get in touch with him by phone, email or text...he will respond. The guy builds turbos from 0800-1000pm sometimes 7 days a week so answering a phone call with a compressor housing turning 1500 rpm on a lath is sometimes difficult.
You have had your experiences with this company, I have had my experience with this company, so from my point of view Buyer Beware is perfect for this company

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

^ You Sir are 100% wrong with that statement. Reed is awsome at what he does and his turbos are second to none PERIOD.. If you are so dissatisfied with the turbo sell it and buy one from someone else (good luck finding someone). Reed builds amazing turbos and has awsome customer service.

Why did contaminants go through the turbo? lets see how long that long block lasts ;)

My experience with this company sir is about 30-40 turbos a week, yours(GMtech) is isolated. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and you are certainly one of them. Slamming someone on a public forum who would bend over backwards to help you is a bit much.

Quote from Reed:
"If the turbocharger gives you guys any problems at all, I want to know about it. If there is anything that falls back on Work Turbochargers for the cause of failure, it will be taken care of no questions asked. If you have any questions that need to be answered regarding break in, oil type, pre filter specifications...anything, just ask.

My diagnosis of contaminates in the oil causing the failure were pretty specific, and the turbocharger showed no signs of oil starvation or over speed...so if the pre filter does its job, and the oil quality/quantity remains favorable then the turbo will live a long and healthy life.

Please keep me posted.

Reed Patridge"

The redneck translation for this it looks like you installed the turbo on a gravel truck with no filter; there are dinosaurs still in your oil. He fixed it anyway. What more do you want?

after reviewing all the responses to this thread, I am reminded of the original purpose of the thread, that was to find out what is normal for this turbo as far as performance and endplay and drag are concerned. Through all the mud slinging and general A** hole comments made here, i did learn some things, thanks to bison for input and also junkbrick aka Reed for the info they provided. To all the supporters of Work turbochargers: if and when you find yourself in my shoes needing help with a new turbo install that has gone wrong, I hope you get it without all the static. It puzzles me a bit on how anyone can tell me that i didnt have a bad experience with this company and that, somehow its my fault for not contacting Work with my dissatisfaction, maybe people should really look at all the posts and realize all the steps that were taken with Gbody and with Work to resolve this issue, but it still wound up costing the consumer. Whether right or wrong, Work would not honor the warranty they offered, and in turn cost the retail consumer. In the end, members here took a small fire and turned it into a blazing inferno. Readers of this thread, will you choose to spend money at Work turbochargers after this? Thats your buisness, your choice. Regardless if members here want to admit it or not, I have had a bad experience with Work ,and i dont see me spending any of my money with them. There has been no lies told on my part, and honestly I dont believe Reed told any either. As I said, the turbo is installed now with an inline filter, but it is being babied anytime its driven until that trust is built in it. I appreciate all the support for a forum like this where someone like me can get help, and for those of you that are here to help, keep up the good work. For those who wanna fight, moderators should moderate you a little tighter. I believe the most responsible thing to do at this time is abandon this thread before I post things I may regret

No one is attacking you personally....so lighten up. We are merely trying to get you to see things from a different perspective. Most of us have been taken advantage of during one transaction or another at one time...that's just society in general. I think we all empathize with your situation and what happened to your friends turbo...it sucks for sure. But you simply cannot blame the turbo builder for a bunch of debris in your UNFILTERED oil going through the turbo...and then bitch when he rebuilds it for you at a FRACTION of the cost to him....I'm CERTAIN Work turbo did NOT put the debris in your oil. The reasons most of us have responded in the way we have...is simply to give a perspective. Take it however you want. I know I've had bad experiences with WELL KNOWN vendors on this board....but I've been willing to give them the benefit of the doubt...BEFORE I posted negative things about them on a public forum. You seem to go after it in a different way...definitely your porogative...(hope you don't treat everyone in your life that way) would be no way to live. Good luck with your friends car....hope it works out how you expect it to.

Done here....so if you wanna report to the mods....have at.

i would be more worried about the motor right now then anything. so where did the contaminants come from? i believe the motor is going to be the source of your problems

what i dont understand is when you say that reeds warrenty should cover it......it wasnt his fault you got crap in the turbo from your new motor and didnt put a pre filter to your turbo to protect it? sounds to me like its mechanic error

I had Works turbo build a ta49 hybrid for my carbed turbo no one else would even talk to me I would be more worried about where the debris came from than what he charged to fix it love my new turbo