85 gn transmission

b-turbo

i drove my car to work this morning and i tried to put it in park and it was not letting me its stuck it only goes to gear one, two and drive.

what could it be does anyone know what could be the problem?

thanks,

Sounds like a snapped shifter cable to me, mine did the same thing. Disconnect the linkage at the tranny and see if you can twist the column through the gears. If you can, replace your cable but dont buy a cheap one, i snapped 3 before i learned.

TurbochargedKid said:
Sounds like a snapped shifter cable to me, mine did the same thing. Disconnect the linkage at the tranny and see if you can twist the column through the gears. If you can, replace your cable but dont buy a cheap one, i snapped 3 before i learned.

What cable do you recommend.

What cable do you recommend.
Your best bet man is to try and find an NOS one, i went through 3 before, they couldnt get 200-4R cables, so they gave me TH200 ones, which clearly didnt work. I actually ended up frankensteining a 2006 tahoe shifter cable to work, still working, no snapping or anything. I would highly recomend against getting any aftermarket cable.

and when you get the new cable, make sure all your body and engine grounds are good.. the cables can break because of bad ground wires because the current uses the cable as a ground path from the body to the engine, which causes it to get hot, which causes the cable to snap.

novaderrik said:
and when you get the new cable, make sure all your body and engine grounds are good.. the cables can break because of bad ground wires because the current uses the cable as a ground path from the body to the engine, which causes it to get hot, which causes the cable to snap.

I took a shot of crown when i read this...bravo! seriously