85 GN HA clone fuel lines help

Robert1mcssgn

Hope everyone is doing good & please chip in on my project... So it's close to being done yet so far from it lol... I'm stuck on the fuel lines, I replaced the tank with a true 87 GN tank & upgraded the fuel pump to a Walboro with the hotwire kit, 60lb injectors with a TT chip...*** What I need help on is this flex line with female thread plug and insert seal that's in front of the engine lower drivers side ... what plugs into this & where does it come from ? Also the fuel filter that's between the pullies is new & right under it I placed the adapter but then what line goes there ? *** Need help with this... most everything is done... I'll post pics or can take & post any to help describe my situation... thanks fellas... My goal is to have this car done by the end of may so that me & my family & I can attend the TB gathering at the San Diego Bates family farm...

Attachments

• 1424562240391.jpg
    1424562240391.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 113
  • 1424562284480.jpg
    1424562284480.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 106
  • 1424562308839.jpg
    1424562308839.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 115
  • 1424562327198.jpg
    1424562327198.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 106
  • 1424562342416.jpg
    1424562342416.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 99
  • 1424562491346.jpg
    1424562491346.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 1424562568064.jpg
    1424562568064.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 93
Ok update, this has me trippin out... so I just finished wiring up the new fuel pump and behold I have fuel flowing out of a hard line on the drivers side frame right under the motor mount from an oval hole... question... *** So do I now plumb this to the fuel filter that goes to the fuel rail ? I want to say yes but just want to make sure I'm doing this correct... the the other flex line with adapter where does that plumb to ? It comes from the Adjustable fuel pressure regulator...

I'm not sure about this but:
I think you may be running Into trouble because the fuel line routing is totally different from a na car to the turbo. You said clone, is this a na car? On a turbo car the supply line is driver side with the fuel filter mounted on the rear frame rail and the return and vapor line is on passenger side. The fpr is on the driver side but hooks to the return that runs back to the tank. Supply is largest,return is middle and vapor is thinnest. I want to say 5/16, 1/4 and 3/16 hope this helps I'm going off memory so forgive me if im off a bit.

Thanks for the reply bro, so I ran this supply line up to the fuel filter mounted to the engine and it did run up the fuel rail through the fpr and did see the pressure needle go up and it came out the un-plmbed flex line... So I'm assuming this goes to the return line but which one is that ? And yes this is a clone car was originally a non turbo v6... I did leave the fuel filter under the car by the frame as an added filtration... fuel came out with lots of pressure so I'm sure that doesn't restrict the flow... yes the thickest line is the fuel supply which I routed to the fuel filter...

Hopefully a pro can xhime in. I'm pretty sure the fpr is hooked up to the return side and the supply is the passenger side of the fuel rail.

Yes u did shine some light as the larger hard line is the supply line and it does run through the drivers side frame rail as do the other two... Humm they seem to be the same as a TB... thanks also the smaller one goes to the canister... cool this helps alot... one question though... the fpr has a hard line going down the engine passing by the fuel filter then in turns into a flex line with a female fitting... I'm assuming he tb return line has that male fitting... ok this helps alot... I understand now

buddy , thanks for that info & after an inspection of the fuel lines on my non turbo frame you are correct... the bigger supply line runs through the drivers side and the return and vapor line run through the pass side... I plumbed everything today turned the key on & magic no leaks & my fuel pressure gauge reads at 60 psi... with only ignition one car not started... is that psi coorect ? It's a new Walboro pump hotwired... thanks

Sweet man glad it worked. On a 86-87 factory setting was 37 and 43 with vacuum line disconnected from fpr simulating wot. Not sure if your aftermarket chip may require more. Good luck keep us posted.

So how do I regulate the pressure, & what should my base line pressure be for normal operations ? I have a TT chip burned to operate the matching 60lb injectors with a Walboro fuel pump hotwired in with the Casper's injector harness and all the stock lines... oh and I've also yet to install the Alkycontrol systems... every mod is burned into the chip... I've been reading about maybe needing a bigger return line if pressure doesn't go down... true ?

Oh by the way it's all converted to the 86/88 components ecu, coil etc etc... but no intercooler set up I want to stay true HA all the way...

pressure should be 42 line off, around 38 with the vacuum line on at idle and normal driving, the fuel pressure should gain 1 psi per 1 psi of boost.

So how do I regulate the pressure, & what should my base line pressure be for normal operations ? I have a TT chip burned to operate the matching 60lb injectors with a Walboro fuel pump hotwired in with the Casper's injector harness and all the stock lines... oh and I've also yet to install the Alkycontrol systems... every mod is burned into the chip... I've been reading about maybe needing a bigger return line if pressure doesn't go down... true ?
Turn the bolt on top of the regulator to change pressure.

Thanks for that info really helps, and if the pressure doesn't go down enough then I would definitely need to go to a -06 return line then ? Thanks again