85 firing order

From what i can tell the coil pack in my 85 doesnt have the right cylinder numbers stamped into it. Not sure if its the right one for the car. It does have a plate on top of it that says computer controled ign. its order being viewed from the front of the car is:4 2 6. Sticky has the diagram showing it as:1 5 3 1 5 3
4 2 6

Car runs the same running both orders, what the heck is going on? :confused:

you have the 86 wire set up on it. which would mean someone changed the coil over to an 86-87. do you know if you have an aftermarket chip in the car? to find that out you would have to pull the ecm cover from the pass side kick panel and disconnect the ecm and open the cover to look at the chip and then we could go futher. if you could send a pic of you engime bay I could help you out more.

This is the even crazyer part, I bought a 87 coil from nos4gn for future upgrade. the 87 coil is smaller then the on on my car. there is no way for it to mount to the ign box. it is the least of my worries right now. Car has broken motor mount, leaks oil, no boost because major leak on uppipe, needs shocks, needs new exhaust from headers back. its getting pulled apart this winter to also fix all the stuff that the prev. owner tried to fix. I had wood blocks in the front coils when i first got it. one thing at a time

This is the even crazyer part, I bought a 87 coil from nos4gn for future upgrade. the 87 coil is smaller then the on on my car. there is no way for it to mount to the ign box. it is the least of my worries right now. Car has broken motor mount, leaks oil, no boost because major leak on uppipe, needs shocks, needs new exhaust from headers back. its getting pulled apart this winter to also fix all the stuff that the prev. owner tried to fix. I had wood blocks in the front coils when i first got it. one thing at a time

Order the adapter plate from Caspers. 87 coil will bolt onto the 85 bracket. Good luck. Brad