84 T-Type for sale. Rebuilt Engine-Price lowered

MoeJr

Car is bone stock except for dual muffler exhaust,a stock replacement K&N filter and 160 T-Stat. I'll also include the K&N cold air kit the car had on it. Car is in good shape. Does have a cracked windshield, LF bumper filler has crack,tires are old and showing some dry rot and front bumper reinforcment is bent from minor front collision(bumper is fine). Has factory posi.I also did use the 2 piece fel pro rubber rear main seal. This car runs good but needs some minor tuning to take care of 2 annoyances: 1: Car has slight tip in hesitation and 2: I think either the coil pack or plug wires may be breaking down only when cruising as I can feel a tug from the engine or the thing I am leaning towards is the lock up converter is not locking and unlocking like it should. If you stand on the go pedal there is no lack of power. It is running 12-12.5 lbs of boost WOT on the stock chip. Coolant temp runs about 185 at hot idle. Not sure what it runs at going down the road. This car has a knock gauge that was already in there. It has power going to it as the green light in the middle of the gauge comes on. However I have not been able to get the knock lights to come on at all even at WOT. So either A: It is not hooked to the ecm like it should or B: This 84 runs 12.5 psi boost with no knock. I sure know it runs like it has no detonation. The body is in good shape. It has been painted before and has some body filler on the bottom of drivers door and drivers rocker. The last real owner of this car must have really liked it as it is in good shape for 23 years old. This cars problems started after it was traded into a used car dealer. Someone at the 2 dealerships it has been at must have beaten on it to make that engine spin a bearing and didn't care and kept driving it. The cranks couldn't be saved as 1 journal needed .050 taken off just to clean up. 2 pistons had holes in them from detonation most likely caused by the aggressive KB chip it had in it. This car is a great candidate for a daily driver or someone just getting into TR's. If you have any questions please feel free to ask away. I'll do my best to answer them.

Here is the breakdown on the car:
Car purchase: 3500.00
Car Delivery: 300.00
Engine Kit: 450.00 with rubber rear main seal
Machine Shop: 1100.00
Engine Swap with other services: 1000.00(includes 4 months storage fees)
Used Stock Air Box: 50.00
Used Coolant lines for tb:50.00
New Radiator: 190.00
New stock fuel pump,plugs,Tstat and K&N filter 190.00
Reman Crank: 175.00 20/20
New Crank Sensor: 108.00
New TPS: 76.00 I think that is everything or close to it.

It all adds up to 7200 dollars

I am asking 5300.00 or BRO. I am very motivavted. I am also putting it on ebay.

Are you interested in a trade??? I have a 95 Impala SS green grey in excellent shape that I really want to get rid of.

Ok guys offer me something halfway reasonable. I want this thing gone. Gonna snow tonight and I hate to keep seeing it just sit in my yard.

Come on Jim put your foot down.LOL :biggrin:

I am surprised no one has picked this car up as a daily driver. I am gonna order the lock up solenoid today. I'll have to update once it is in.

I have watched this car on ebay...thought it sold. If it is still around within the next week or 2 you could have a buyer here.