84 rebuild

martyspoorold84

broke member
well like to introduce myself my names marty im in the beginning of total engine rebuild i have an 84 t type with an 85 motor threw a rod bearing so got a idea for my build hope you folks can help me out on this one lol. well here it goes gona get block honed and line bored and all the other goodies going to go 30 over forged internals like to girdle it also what cam should i go with i was looking at the 206/206 or the 208/208 or is there something else out there that would make this old girl go like to get in the 11 sec 1/4 if possible or faster should i stroke it or not wana get the champion ported intake and there cnc ported irons also 3" down pipe alky injection adj fpr 87 ecm custom chip want bigger turbo of course any suggestions there would be nice bigger injectors what size you folks think there got bigger fuel pump just need to hotwire it yet and billet center caps arp everything i can sorry for all the babling on here guys trying to give you all an idea what i wana do to my old buick miss drivin her thats for sure guess need a bigger stall converter what stall you guys think is there another kind of gasket besides that damn valley pan one i can use well experts thats all i can think of at the moment sorry for all the questions here im new been reading everything i can since ive joined here i love this site its great if anyone can help me and give any suggestions i would greatly appreciate it thanks everyone marty

Marty, don't overlook the cheaper (than headers, down pipe, ported head) things like pinion snubber, better rear control arms, seat brace. This stuff will help you launch better. Also, convert to electric fan; get a big mouth cold air intake, and dual exhaust to go with that downpipe. Also, new floor mats don't hurt either.:p

Post 23 in the sticky has a link to recipe's.
Search pinion snubber, girdle, turbo, headers, DP, heads, E85, pump etc etc. LOL