84 hot air grand national

84TurboSix

I'm 15 and i have a 84 grand national i was wondering if my car was worth collecting or should i sell and get an 87?:confused:

I had an 85 t and I loved it. Value is a little less than an 87 however if you like it, keep it. I would still have mine if it wouldn't have gotten stolen. :-(

Yes and no. They aren't made any more and there are less of them than the 86-87 cars, but right now the performance is more desired than the originality. You can make them faster if you want to do the research and the $$$ but it's up to you and the $$ in the end.;)

Well, . . . .
Most 15 year old’s that are into these cars are cool! :cool:

However, at that age, you will more than likely want to run with your buddies who claim to have a 600 HP car.
If you want to build a 10 second car, it can be done, but it is easier with the IC’d cars.
Note, I stated “easier”, not necessarily cheaper. . . . . Whichever you choose, HP/Speed will cost $$$.

It’s like trying to kiss your GF or a hooker. One is much easier and faster, but both cost $$.

I have a local smart and very capable 17 year who decided to install an LSX because the V6 was expensive to rebuild.
He will add twin turbo’s to the LSX because it will be cheaper than building a V6.
The only advice I can give is . . . . don’t start with a dream, but set a realistic budget balanced with a realistic goal . . . . . and the experts on this board will help you get there.
In other words . . . “How fast can you afford to go?”
Good luck whatever you decide.

Yes they are collectable due to only 2,000 1984 buick grand nationals were built. Just leave it stock and find you a base regal to toy with. But since your 15 just leave it alone and enjoy it. If you have a t-top car please keep in mind those are rare. Out of the 2,000 made around 900 had t-tops or astro roof. Your one lucky kid to get one of those. You could find a 86' or 87' GN or T-Type to toy with later in life.