84 Grand national Motor in 90 Silverado?

Scott Fessenden

I have a 1990 Chevy Silverado with a tpi 350 in it and built 700r4 tranny I have bought a 84 GN motor complete with all drive accesories harness and computer for $700.. couldnt pass up the deal what all problems could anybody see putting the motor in my truck? I also have purchased a complete Turbo kit for the heck of it off a kid cause I got him down to $300 T3/T4 turbo innercooler BOV wastegate turbo timer boost controller everything

Anything is possible...BUT thats a hot air motor so you will get better information and help in the hot-air/before black section

it can be done, but why?
a stock HA motor won't be much of an improvement if you have a TPI 350 out of a Camaro or something in it now, but may be a slight improvement if it's the stock TBI 350...

84 hot air motor in that truck ?? why would ya even consider it :confused: See if ya can get someone else to sell your "deal" o_O to an go with a cheap LS motor.. You will be way ahead at that point.

Do what you want, whatever makes you happy or challenges you or is fun. Don't worry about everyone else. If you want a truck with a hot air in it, cool. You want a truck with an old staight 8 Buick in it, cool. Hot airs have come a long way with turbos, intakes, headers and up/down pipes, alky, etc. They can be made plenty fast. You have the engine and the truck, so why not!? However, as it has been stated above... LS would be cool. I have been itching to do an LS build, but can't convince myself to put one in my 85. It'd be Un-American and blasphemous.

Just kidding LS guys! ;)

Cost wise, performance wise, and ease of installation wise, you'd be better off with an LS swap. 5.3s are cheap, and later down the road you have multiple options to upgrade the performance.