84 GN Stolen!!!!! in Newark, CA

jgines

CaTcH mE iF yOu CaN
My car got stolen from my sisters condo in Newark,CA
The messed up thing about it was that it was non op. The only possible way to take it was to tow it. The steering wheel was locked so they broke the steering wheel column to unlock it (pieces of it was on the ground). If anybody knows of a GN being sold in the Bay Area or any other relevant info please help me in finding my baby. Plate #2ASX623. will post VIN tomorrow.

Thanks.

Exterior - Trunk lid is not aligned. 2 deep gashes on front bumper (rubber part) near front plate. partial side molding (small piece on pass front fender)

Interior - broken shifter handle. big black stains on carpet (front pass)

Thanks for the help!!!

I'm sure this was thought of but was it towed away because it was non-op? Maybe they stickered it and you weren't aware, etc....

My knowledge of condo associations is that they can be pretty anal and any car thats non-op could get moved "legally". Not saying its likely but who knows.

I'm sure this was thought of but was it towed away because it was non-op? Maybe they stickered it and you weren't aware, etc....

My knowledge of condo associations is that they can be pretty anal and any car thats non-op could get moved "legally". Not saying its likely but who knows.

If it was actually towed by a company they would have brought a flat-bed and yanked it up. They would not have busted the skirt and left chunks of it laying the ground. ;)

I guess I missed the part of broken peices on the ground...although it was from the column, not sure how that ends up on the outside of the car if thats all that was found.

When one of mine was stolen I found bits of the column on the ground. They snap it off it seems in such a rush they do not even have the door closed. I guess since it probably bothers their foot to step on the pieces they just shoo them out of the car as the take off.