84 GN, Intercooled Motor

84GNwith87eng

1984 Grand National, 86-87 Drivetrain (mileage on motor unknown, car has 138k and change) Around 3000 miles on the rebuilt 200r4 transmission, has shift kit and shifts firm

Doors and Decklid replaced with those from a Limited
86-87 GN Interior
Newly installed TE44 Turbo ~$800
Newly installed 50# Delphi Injectors $300
lots of other updates and parts

Car runs well right now, has heat but no a/c. Recently can hear a bottom-end tapping noise which goes away when the car gets warm. Car is setup right now for 16-18 lbs of boost. It doesn't smoke, starts up everytime, recent things like battery, alternator, starter, etc have been put in the last year. Interior is really clean, recent cheap paintjob. Has some extras like a scanmaster 2.1, boost/oil gauges, etc. Best for a parts car, unless you're gonna rebuild the engine. Front end suspension updated with centerlink, bushings, idler arms, etc. Front tires 90%, rear tires bald. Runs and drives well, drive it home and use it for parts, or use it as a mechanics special.

I'm really looking for a newer reliable trade, but will take best cash offer.

any idea what youd want cash-wise for the car? the only cars i have to offer as trades arent exactly "reliable" (84' Z28 and 87' IROC-Z) the way gas prices have been lately and the winters we get on the upper east coast

i sold my 85' about a year ago and miss it. been looking for another TR that needed some work and am very interested in your car. i live in northern DE and could easily pick up/trailer the car home. just need a price

4 grand would take it, runs and drives, would make the trip to DE I'm sure. Let me know if you need pics/etc. Thanks

Chris

PM'd you back. To all that are interested, I'm guessing its a main bearing issue, but I'm not sure so don't quote me. Hope that gives anyone interested an idea on whats involved. Thanks

Chris