84/85 style to 86/87

88 CuttyClassic

The Enviromental Hitman
how time consuming/expensive/involved is it to convert an 84/85 TR to the 86/87 style? I don't need a long answer just a quick synopsis.

It will cost more than just buying a intercooled car. The hard part is finding all the small brackets, lines, etc. You probably will have to have stuff fabricated. Time wise finding the parts will take a few months.

The best way to do it is to buy a complete intercooled motor, so it can be done for about $1,500.00 but will most likely run $3,000.00 to do it properly and make sure the engine is in shape.

im about to do a project like this my self. ive got a 82 engine for the internals, im gona get a 109 block, and im gona use the heads and intake manifold from a fwd buick. im gona cut the plenum in half and then reverse it so the throttle body faces in the right direction.

i never wanted or thaught i would ever do a conversion like this but for a few more years i have free access to a welding and mechine shop so what the hell, its eather that or drop in a lt1.

i don't know much aobut it and someone said you just need to change the intake or something like that.

i ve done it-just change intake manifold, drill hole for turbo oil return line .50", change all pulleys to serpentine, depending on what brake system may have to change that too-if you have hydroboost must change if you have powermaster-no problem, must change engine wiring harness and ecm computer/chip,radiator, intercooler will be needed,electric fan,ac compressor,alternator for starters.