84-85 parts will theywork in a 83 t-type

jclaflin

hey guys new member here my son just picked up a 83 t-type.only has 39125 orginal miles on body has a few small dings on it. front driver seat has a tear in it no big deal we can work on them. my big question is can a guy run a set of headers and bigger turbo with innercooler off a 84- 85? thanks for any help

the headers yes a intercooler no look at before black section for the best help. the guy to talk to is charlie and aj over there. the only bigger turbo you can put on is a 301 turbo but if you see charlies post it will tell you more. the best up grade for a drawthru turbo setup is alky injection. before black.net will help you out alot too he tells you how to do all the cool stuff.

well *hit guys thats a drag so there isn't much you can do to bump it up a little more besides a cam and some a injection.what sparks plugs are the best set for these v6s? and how about wires also will need a tune after sitting for the last 10-12 years thanks for all your help gentlemen...

well *hit guys thats a drag so there isn't much you can do to bump it up a little more besides a cam and some a injection.what sparks plugs are the best set for these v6s? and how about wires also will need a tune after sitting for the last 10-12 years thanks for all your help gentlemen...
there ismore you can do. a.j has a drawthru setup running in the 11's if you go over to the before black section the guys there can help. there are a few guys running in the 12's on that setup but the fastest is aj in the 11's. just make a post there asking what you can do. i already know what they will say alky injection and put a 301 turbo on and a cam. i would make a post there if you what to know all the tips.

well guys got the car started after ten years of sitting i believe the turbo is fried it started blowing smoke really bad and spitting oil out the exshaust. so where can a guy find a 301 turbo are at least a stock one

Welcome aboard first. I've been busy lately but am about to go to bed. If you click on the second link in my sig it should help you some. I started the idea of an upgrade and the rest of the guys have followed along with me. Aj finally got what I was up to and is trying to start a business dealing with the draw through set up exclusively. The 301 turbo is kinda hard to find but it's out there. For a simple upgrade you can use the center and hot side off an 84-85 SFI engine, just use the cold side housing off the current engine.

if you go on the before black section you can find a turbo. i think jase (flintbuickforlife) had one for like $80 or something like that. pm him and see if he still has it for sale.