84/85 Intake Question

i have had 3 hot air cars and from my experiance they had red glue holding the turbo 6 badge on all 84-85,i also have a very nice used one,they are impossible to find,when bob hebert has them he gets the arm and hte leg for them

I also have an '85 GN and have the red dot but would like to get one that has the power 6 logo. If anyone has one please let me know price and condition and if you have any pics that would be great. Thanks.

I'm keeping all of mine. I heard that a perfect one is worth a couple hundred dollars. With only 2000 made, the 84 has some very collectable features. The leather seats with the power 6 emblem sewn into the leather is another.

They are only worth what people are willing to pay for them. Some people may be that nuts to spend $200 for a perfect one but most people wont spend more than $100 for a good one, and usually less. There is more than 200 because the 85's had them as well, and no telling how many 84/85 T-Types that were supposed to recieve the red dot, made it out of the factory with the turbo 6 logo. In fact its a wierd part and one that not many people are looking for, so I bet if you could get the part# on it and call up GM you could find a NOS one floating around in a warehouse somewhere.

I was just kidding about the 200 dollars. I have one or two sitting around. I have a fitting for nitrous through the manifold where mine was. I am much more concerned with going fast. I was just trying to drive up the price of our cars. I do believe they will be worth alot more one of these days. Danny