84/85 Intake Question

my85grandnation

85 Triple Threat
I have seen some hotair intakes that have power six emblems in the little center circle part on top of the intake. I bleieve that all that I have seen that had them were 84's. Not one of my three 85's has one. My question is, did all 84's, and 85's have these little emblems or was it just something for 84, or did people just put these on their cars?

Im not sure....but I can tell you my 85 had a red dot instead of the turbo 6 emblem.

Both of my 40k mile cars dont have it on them. My 100k mile car though had a broken red dot. So were the power six logos on the 84's and then the 85's had red dots? I wonder where I could get one of these? I guess that most of them dont have them anymore cause they werent put on there that good.

There is no telling if it did or not but my dads 280,000 i mile 85 had a glue spot that i believe was a red dot and i just installed an intake from a wrecked 84 T that i home ported and it has the power 6 logo. I like it a lot. :cool:

pics will have to wait till monday or tuesday, the mint one is at my shop...I am in the middle of repairing one right this seconds as we speak....lol

Does anyone klnow how much these are worth?

John

I found some reproduction ones on buickgn.com and they claim to look even better than the original ones. they are selling them for $15 a piece. I may go that route if an original one is going to cost me an arm and a leg.

i'm not looking to rip any limbs off of anyone....if you want purchase the buick GN one, no prob....I will find out a little more about the one I got, and let you know a price...it will NOT be 80!!! but i think 15 is a little too low for a mint origianl emblem....

let me know what you would like!

John
:smile:

here is a pic with the emblem I have sitting on an intake in my shop...it is not attached, just put htere for display purposes....i just found the pic!

John

Attachments

• john shop 027.jpg
    john shop 027.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 211
Id like to have an original one for my 40k mile show car. The one in the pic looks like there is a chip out of it on the right side of it? Let me know your price and Ill see if its worth it to me.

I think there was a glare or dust or sumthin in that pic...I do know there are no chips in it...I was amazed at it's condition when I got it...here is one that came off my car, and i was going to repair...

The black on the bottom is chipped away and scratched pretty bad....so...i'll try to first fill it in with a thick enamel, the if it looks good, give it a new clear coat.

John

Attachments

• emblem broke.jpg
    emblem broke.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 218
If the one thats at your shop is nice I think Id like that one. What would you like for it? I can do paypal or any kind of other method of payment. Please let me know. Thanks Dusty

ok...here is a pic of the good ones...note, the colors are not flawless like I had hoped...I have not been able to find one with the perfect colors....If you are still intersted let me know...again, not totally flawless on the inside (just like a diamond), but no scratched, no chips, etc....Take a look at the pics and let me know!

John

Attachments

• t 6 emblems 018.jpg
    t 6 emblems 018.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 65
  • t 6 emblems 019.jpg
    t 6 emblems 019.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 60
  • t 6 emblems 013.jpg
    t 6 emblems 013.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 60