84/85 hood insulation

Can anyone tell me If it is possible to still find Original hood insulation for 84/85 Grand National? I purchased hood insulation off of Ebay a few months ago that is made of aircraft material And It fits great and looks Awesome. But last night I opened my hood and the insulation had completely fallen and burnt to my Turbo. I followed the instrucions to a T on the adhesive to use and it worked great until last night? Im not sure if I had a bad can of 3m #80 or what:confused:!! I was thinking of getting a new can of adhesive and trying again but I do not want to regret it down the road when my car is on fire because of it melting to the Turbo:eek:. I would like to find Original hood insulation if anyone could give me some tips.

Thanks!!!!

I was thinking of buying that same material for my 87... the original was missing when I bought the car. Did you remove the hood and follow the cleaning instructions?
Just curious...

Yup, Followed the instructions word for word. I think the adhesive just gave in the heat? It held the insulation great for almost two months and the other day I had the car out it was about 95 degress outside and lifted the hood and it was down. i just don't know if I should trust it by trying it again. I don't want to lose my car to a fire under the hood!!!

The OEM ones are out there....just get ready to pony up some $$$. They don't come cheap, but they're worth it. When you find one, s#!tcan the stock heat shield on the hood, and get one from Mark at TR Custom Parts. His are larger and will keep the pad from breaking down over time. ---Keith

Well I contacted the company of the Hood insulation that is made of Aircraft Material, I think this product is great and feel that the adhesive spray was to blame for it falling, I just wanted to ask him a few questions of why this could have failed. I just want to let everybody know that the owner of this company IS A STAND UP GUY!!!!! He stands behind his product and customers 110% I left him know that my car is a show car and I like the look of his insulation under the hood BUT because my adhesive failed it touched the Turbo and put a nice BIG burn mark on the pad. He sent me a Brand new insulation kit free of charge!! I couldn't say Thank you enough and I just wanted to spread the word about him and his company. Check his page out at hoodliners.blogspot.com
Thanks