84/85 fuel rail

turbojitsu85

Does anyone have a 84/85 fuelrail for sale or know anyone that is selling one? Does anyone know of a vendor that sells reproduction fuel rails or maybe the dealers still sell these?
Thanks.

brain weaver aka BWEAVY has them i'm sure i think his site is gbodyparts.com but just look up his name on here...he'll help ya out, good prices too

Thank you I gavehim a call but he was closed and I planned on giving him a call tomorrow. I was thinking this was a long shot. Thank You
Jeremy

Jeremy, this is Wayne (aka NEK SNAP Turbo T).
What happened? Did you break or bend your original fuel rail?

If you can't find one. try posting your needs on the Chicagoland Club's board too.

Also, a bunch of us are going the the Buick GS Nationals in Bowling Green KY next week. It's possible to find one there. If you are not going, I could look for one for you. Would need to know your top price to spend. Let me know.

Wayne,
I didn't want to say what happened to save a little face but since you asked I guess I can give you a good laugh. I was putting my fuel gauge on the fuel rail and being in a hurry snapped the shradder valve off. I think I might have damaged it when removed the fuel rail to do the injectors because the gauge wasn't on there to far. There was still plenty of thread thats why I was still tightening it. The broken piece came right out to. Well I guess I proved that I am the least mechanically inclined person in the Chicago land area if not the world. Thanks for the offers everyone but I have already found one and it is on its way to my house as I wright this. With a little luck I will have the car up and running by Sunday.

Hey, don't worry about saving face - we have all done something to our cars that was a little embarrassing at one time or another. Remember what I did? Changed the injectors, remounted the fuel rail back on, put the turbo, throttlebody and everything friggin else back together - without pressurizing the fuel rail first to check for leaks.....and then found that hidden injector #4 was leaking like a sieve due to a gouged o-ring. Cost me about 4 extra hours of labor.

Glad you found another rail replacement. Good luck!

I think with the right fuel pressure, an Idle Air Control motor adjustment or two, and a recheck of the TPS voltage, you can get that baby running a lot better. The 42.5 LB. injectors will have a tendancy to make your car run rich without some careful checking of pressure and tuning. Your MAF sensor was just fine, reading at 4 to 5 at idle.

Wayne