84/85 engines in michigan

burnout

I have 3 hotair engines for sale. They are not complete and I don't know condition. They all have compression and rotate freely. I bought these for spares but don't have room. I would like to get $100 each or trades. The block numbers on all 3 are 25514290 and have 14 bolt oil pans. Pics are in the craigslist add. 1984-85 buick grand national / T-Type engines

Thanks, Dave

From what I can figure out these engines are the same as a NA engine. I think. I now there is a big difference between these and the 86/87. Buick V6 History. You can see the differences in the link.

Dave

NA? lol. Who runs NA here? Were all turbo here buddy! What's the difference between the hot air grand national shortblocks, and the intercooled grand national LC2 turbo 3.8 short blocks :) That's everything. The block, pistons, rods and crank.

Nothing wrong with the NA blocks cranks and rods. I ran low 11s on a cheap set up. I know where all turbo here I have 2 turbo cars.

Dave

Blocks

I think the deck height is taller on the 84-85 block so you can run more boost if using a 86-87 head gasket. Might even be able to run a longer rod if running a stroker crank and more cubes.

Heads, crank, rods and (pistons are very similar) the same. The cranks do have the rolled filets, so they are turbo cranks. The block if used in an 86/87 setup would need the oil return hole drilled in the block. There is some discussion if these type of blocks are weaker in certain areas, like the lifter valley. Hot air blocks have been pushed deep into the 10's. Other than that, just a different oil pan from what I have seen and read on here.

If he were closer I'd buy all three for $300.

Thanks for the research on the engines guys. Steve bought one and I have 2 left would like to sell locally if possible.

Dave

Maybe tomorrow...gonna mapquest your address...give me a call man...
Steve Chambers