82' Riviera T-Type

Wow 500 cool. Kind of sucks the car is in such great shape because it's not the hottest body style. What I would really like to do is get a Regal T Type with a blown motor and use this brand new block in it but, it would be a shame to do that to this Riv. I would always have the parts to put it back together but you know how that goes. Putting it back to stock seems to be the cheapest route to go so since I'm broke that sounds more appealing.

Wow 500 cool. Kind of sucks the car is in such great shape because it's not the hottest body style. What I would really like to do is get a Regal T Type with a blown motor and use this brand new block in it but, it would be a shame to do that to this Riv. I would always have the parts to put it back together but you know how that goes. Putting it back to stock seems to be the cheapest route to go so since I'm broke that sounds more appealing.

Well most of the technogy for the Regals is the same so you should feel right at home here.:biggrin: Make sure to read Rich's site thouroghly (sp) before tearing into to much so you have a better idea of what you're going to have to do. I don't know if my turbo upgrade would work so see if you can post a few pics of the turbo by itself so I can get a better look at it. Comparison is a good thing.:biggrin:

I have a sweet spot foir Rivi's, My very first car was my '66 Riviera GS the greatest thing to learn to drive in and will spoil you instantly.
Your Turbo Rivi Is very special, would make a great trip car, or cruizer.

The TA O man I do have a spot in my heart for them LT1's I had a 93 Z28 6 speed I loved it. If I had another it would have to have a 6 speed and be a convertible. Got an Iroc 5 -speed? I want one of them 2 lol? I do have a 96' Regal I'm tryin to get rid of 3800 with lots of miles 180,000 but she's a runner very clean new brakes all around,water pump,thermostat,fuel filter,starter and lower front ball joints.$1000

If it was mine it would be a 6spd. Its the wifes car actually. I'm very pleased with the car for what it is. I've driven 6 spd cars and automatics. Can't tell much difference between the speed of them. After having an LT1 I'll never have another TPI car thats for sure. These suckers never stop pulling:cool: The wife is actually scared to floor this Fbody;)

I need to find some close up pics of the bracket and pulley/belt config for this motor. I didn't tear it apart and have never done a 3.8 Turbo before. As you can see in the pics the only thing in the bay is the block and heads. Being front wheel drive the turbo being located in a diffferent spot them the RWD is making it a little tough for me to see where things go in the pics of have seen on here. It has AC and I believe it's a 3 belts configuration Any help would be great. I got the intake and the carb mount painted today and I'm getting ready to start putting this beast back together :) Thanks Guys

T-Type Riviera

Search muscle machine and hot air pictures and you find some pictures of hot rod Riviera's

This car is for sale or trade? pickup only 49267 still exactly the way it sat in them pics in my barn. Needs turbo rebuilt long block has been sitting in there for 15 years I'm sure it still turns as it did 4 years ago. All parts are there to put back together. Not sure what they are worth make me an offer Thanks Nick

You should repost that in the Buick Cars for Sale section. Way more people will see it.

$1300 SOMEONE DO SOMETHING with this exchange long block and overdrive trans Beautiful car have everything but good turbo should be forged 3.8 right?

What all does the car need? The body is in great shape, I have to believe it's worth good money, but maybe this isn't the right place to sell it. There are Rivera clubs and I bet this would do well there. The '82 Turbo Riv are rare and I see they go for good money when they are running. I would be interested if I didn't already have too many project cars already.

Just needs a turbo i have everything to put back togetherThe motor is being sold and it will just get a Olds small block sorry guys but if the car won't sell the motor did quickly. Going from one of my step dad's to another and he's the olds guy. Sad but the car is staying in the family.