81 Malibu w/ 87 GN Drivetrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant find a clean TR/TTA for what this is worth, Thats why I would like a trade...

Only way to sell this as a roller and keep the drivetrain...

I cant find a clean TR/TTA for what this is worth, Thats why I would like a trade...

So are you saying this is worth more or less than a clean TR?

That car as a roller is worth very little (compared to a TR/TTA)..., but I'm sure you know that.

This line of reasoning still doesn't make any sense... If that's the case, then what makes you think someone will want to TRADE you even up for your car?

Either way, we're talking about overall value of your car versus the value of the car you're looking for... if you need extra cash to make the deal then it makes no difference if you Sell or trade the car.

I'm assuming you just don't want to be without a car in the mean time and it's clear that a TR/TTA will cost more than you'll get for the malibu, so you'll have to wait to get the car you're looking for when you can afford it.

I can appreciate that, but IMO you're making it harder on yourself that it has to be.

I'd like a car like yours, but the ods are, I'll end up with a TR/GN because there are people out there SELLING them :D ;) and since I don't have anything to trade... that's my only option.

If you'd like to make a cash offer, my PM box is open and willing to entertain anything. I have no idea what its worth... since I know what the Regals go for, should I bade it off of that? Like I said, I would either sell it as a dragger(no rear) and keep everything and sell body/frame and keep the motor for a future project, or would love to trade for a car. Much easier that way for me.

OK, nevermind... it's obviously worth more to you than I was thinking. One can buy a nice TR for that and since Malibu's are obviously much easier to come by I can't see it being worth near what an actual GN or TR is worth.
At the end of the day, you're selling a common car with a slightly less than common powertrain, but the intrinsic value of the GN/TR actually lies in owning a "rare Factory Hot Rod" that is also easliy tunable to the 10's...which, unfortunately, yours is not.

Good luck, nonetheless. I still think it would be a cool project, but for that money one could probably find a decent TR or build a nice V8 Malibu that would be faster at the end of the day, albeit, maybe a little less uncommon.

You might get it from someone, though... just gotta find the right buyer.

any pics of the motor or under the hood shots. Was the car always silver?Waiting on the price as a roller

OK, nevermind... it's obviously worth more to you than I was thinking. One can buy a nice TR for that and since Malibu's are obviously much easier to come by I can't see it being worth near what an actual GN or TR is worth.
At the end of the day, you're selling a common car with a slightly less than common powertrain, but the intrinsic value of the GN/TR actually lies in owning a "rare Factory Hot Rod" that is also easliy tunable to the 10's...which, unfortunately, yours is not.

Good luck, nonetheless. I still think it would be a cool project, but for that money one could probably find a decent TR or build a nice V8 Malibu that would be faster at the end of the day, albeit, maybe a little less uncommon.

You might get it from someone, though... just gotta find the right buyer.

Yeah, You said you wanted a price, so I gave you one... Since I cant find a trade, thats my price... But like I said, make me an offer.

If it were to be sold as a roller, Im asking 1700. Dragger 1000.

Yeah, You said you wanted a price, so I gave you one... Since I cant find a trade, thats my price... But like I said, make me an offer.

If it were to be sold as a roller, Im asking 1700. Dragger 1000.

I hear ya... you're saying you don't want to sell it outright.:)

It's cool.

I might offer ya around 5k as it sits, but I can already tell that's not gonna happen:tongue:
Rock on man!

get a hobby ! :eek: I think its worth 8k in with those wheels and a turbo v6. Good luck with your trade or sale, like I said job well done. I'd like to see how far beefy gets on a malibu project for that kind of money.:biggrin:

get a hobby ! :eek: I think its worth 8k in with those wheels and a turbo v6. Good luck with your trade or sale, like I said job well done. I'd like to see how far beefy gets on a malibu project for that kind of money.:biggrin:

Me... get a hobby? :biggrin: You have no idea.

He said make an offer... right?

If you think it's worth that... put your money where your big mouth is and buy it (I bet you won't)

For what it's worth, the wheels weren't necessarily assumed since he already mentioned that they were "optional"

Hey, ya gotta start somewhere and I don't see you offering any more so stuff it!

Replied to PMs.... Still advailable.

Car also come with some 245/40/176 streettires as well as the 275/40/17 MT ET Streets that are on there.

Trades anyone?

Dont sell that car as a roller. It is very cool and to be honest, if you were closer, I would have it in my driveway. The Malibu's are awesome cars, i think even nicer than Regals. You should clean it up, take some nice pics, and list it on Ebay. It will sell for what you want for it. That is a cool car! Dont let people beat you up on it. TTT for ya! -----Jeremy

Replied to PMs.... Still advailable.

Car also come with some 245/40/176 streettires as well as the 275/40/17 MT ET Streets that are on there.

Trades anyone?

are you goin to sell this as a roller or not ??? :confused: I was waiting for more pics and info

Status
Not open for further replies.