81 Grand Nat??

GNGAL

86 GN T-Top
I was on craigfind.com the other day and saw a post for an 81 GN... I didnt think they were made til 82... am I wrong?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Clever statement about every Regal being a GN when its time to sell it. Look at ebay a good percentage of the Turbo Regals have claims that are not the truth.

Almost every 1987 Turbo-T is called a T-Type. Cars listed as being all original have the wrong wheels on them and the list goes on.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

82 was the first year for the GN, but there is an 81 pace car that's really rare as well. There are only 215 82's produced according to GM. It's a marketing thing that has a lot of BS behind it I'm sorry to say.:(

You must be talking about this?

http://loz.craigslist.org/cto/3946173262.html

I've tried asking the seller about it but IMO he's withholding some info...although he did admit that the vin denotes it as a n/a V6 Regal....IIRC I think he said it was a "clone"...but me thinks it's possibly a stolen car that was re-vinned...again the seller seemed pretty evasive when I started prodding for info.

It's not an 81, that's for sure. Someone needs to get the po-po in on this so the bastard can be busted.:mad:

The pic is from 07. Cause why would you want to use a current pic.

I wonder if the sweet poker bout is for sale?

D

The pic is from 07. Cause why would you want to use a current pic.

I wonder if the sweet poker bout is for sale?

D

that might just be the default date on the camera.. fresh batteries just before taking the pic..

Header panel is slightly different on the 82-83 than the 84-87.;)

header panels are easily swapped... the only way to know for sure is to look at the car.

Since this is close to central MO and the date is 1/1/2007 and there is leaves on the trees I am going to bet it is a default date for the camera.

It also appears that there was an intercooled badge under the fender emblem at one time. Looks like the paint came off with the emblem.

Hmm I may call tomorrow and see if I can go look at the car and get pics of the rpo sticker in the trunk. Isn't there a vin on the frame so
Where?

The vin on the frame is sometimes hard to find. Easiest way to tell is to check the date codes stamped on the rear crossmember and the bumper reinforcements. Can also check for the tags on the driver door jamb (if they're still there). Cowl tag will tell you some info as well. Third brake light is a dead giveaway...especially if it has a heated rear window.

Hmm I may call tomorrow and see if I can go look at the car and get pics of the rpo sticker in the trunk. Isn't there a vin on the frame so
Where?

if the guy gets a little twitchy about you looking too closely at the car to see if it's legit, then it's probably not legit.. so bring a couple of big buddies with you in case things get "extreme"..