'80

if it was an 81 I'd be looking at a home equity loan.

edited to add.
On second thought that's real high even for an 81

Metal said:
if it was an 81 I'd be looking at a home equity loan.

what's the difference between the 80 and 81s? I know those were the only 2 years of the early TTAs right?

72firebird said:
what's the difference between the 80 and 81s? I know those were the only 2 years of the early TTAs right?
there were about 7k 80's and officially 2k 81's (people say there really were like 500 but...) and the 81's had a Recaro interior.
Here is a pic of my old 81
mvc-004s.jpg

As I wrote before in another thread, what's making the early TTA worth so much is that people were so disappointed with the performance, they were ditching the motors for the older 400's and even tricked out chevy 350's :eek: To find a vary good condition original 80-81 TTA is becoming increasingly difficult and the value may even match or surpass SOME (not all)400 cars. A friend of mine had an '80 turbo formula with 30,000 orig miles back in '95 we lost touch after that so i'm not sure if he still has it or what the clock reads now, but the car was in mint condition. But $65,000 is way too much :( look at the pics) the storage conditions are not that good. Dust all over the car, so it's more than likely not coverd, who knows if its climate controled and look at the floor. $25-30k tops and screw what people bring in on e bay, their the problem with the collector car market :mad: . I challange any one to go and get a professional appraisal on an 80-81 and see if you can get $65k out of it? Even with just 88 miles. that car most likely won't even run.