80 lb/hr HIGH-IMPEDANCE INJECTOR PROMO

Racetronix

New 83 lb/hr High-Impedance DEKA 4 Siemens Injectors.

Here are the specs:

Part FI114991

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]All tests run with n-Heptane (0.6855g/mL) @ 20oC (+/-1oC), 3.0 Bar (+/-0.01 Bar) (43.5PSI) , 14VDC (+/-0.05VDC), saturated driver. Engineering data specifies a flow ratio of apx. 1.035:1 when converting to gas.
[/FONT]
Static Flow Rate: 80lb/hr = 875 cc/min
Dynamic Flow Rate : 18.6 mg/pulse 2.5ms PW, 20 ms Period
Coil Resistance: 12 Ohms (This high-impedance injector will work with all factory ECM/PCM injector drivers)
Spray Pattern: Pencil
Connector: USCAR
Series: DEKA 4
O-Ring Type: Viton
Grease supplied to lubricate o-rings prior to installation.

For detailed calibration data please visit out web store

Note: Injector flow rates are based on testing with n-Heptane test solvent (0.6855 g/ml). U.S. EPA emission test gasoline 40CFR86.113 (0.735g/ml) flows in most common injector designs at about a 3 to 4% higher rate than n-Heptane. A ratio of 1.035:1 can be used when converting the flow specifications above.

In other words this injector will flow apx. 82.8 lb/hr using gasoline.

Racetronix will be running a limited time special on these newly released injectors.

For a limited time Racetronix will offer free Minitimer to USCAR plug and play adapters for all our valued Turbo Buick customers. This is a total savings of $36.00 on a set of six injectors.
A Minitimer version of this injector will be available mid-late April '09.

Simply order any 1% flow-matched PACK size of the FI114991 injectors. Add the required quantity of adapters to your shopping basket. Enter coupon code 80lb-promo to get the adapters for free.

This injector is similar to the DEKA 4 63# injector that many people are familiar with. Siemens engineering has recalibrated the orifice disc and narrowed its tolerance to 12 microns to meet production requirements. The internal valve lift has been increased as well to maintain linear flow control. The combination of these two changes allows this injector to maintain flow linearity, response time etc. There is much FICtion being put out on the forums about how a drilled-out 63 is the same as these newly engineered injectors. This is far from the truth. The drilled injectors no longer have an orifice which is the primary flow meter leaving the valve seat as the primary flow control. By doing this the injector lift and seat variation are the only things controlling the flow. The net result of this is wide variations in flow due to variations in lift and the seat, poor flow stability (linearity) and targeting. This problem is not apparent under static flow testing or on consumer-level flow benches which take volume based measurements over a multitude of pulses (opening and closing cycles).

Problem is no one burns a chip for this injector and Eric said he didn't know if anyone ever would

Eric said he didn't know if anyone ever would

No, I never said that. :) There will definitely be chips available.

What I said was, it will be a month or so before I have a program finalized. I have to run these in my car for a while to do fine tuning, like I do with all injectors.

Thanks Eric for clearing that up and the private message I will keep them and wait till you get a chip

By the way, I have these in the car now and so far so good. I'll fine tune for a couple weeks, then probably switch to E85 and do a cal for that.

Eric

E 85 Cal

By the way, I have these in the car now and so far so good. I'll fine tune for a couple weeks, then probably switch to E85 and do a cal for that.

Eric

Good!! please let me know when you have the E85 cal done :biggrin: Just waiting on you thanks.

These injectors are running great. I've got the calibration dialed in, so chips are available now. I'll be moving on to E85 next. :)

Eric