8.80s with stock Heads and stock block!

Chris what's the combo on this car?looks like over 800 hp according to the calc.car to shed some light on this go fast combo?

It's A TSM car. Stock block That I prep and put together, stock heads that we have massaged, 71mm 3 bolt turbo,200 trans with one of our custom converters and running E85 and A lot of hard work from John. This car still has A/C too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you to all for the recognition! It has taken a lot of hard work and dedication to go this far with the stock configuration. Not to mention a lot of testing and fine tuning the engine and suspension. Believe it or not, the car still has more left with better air and a harder launch. Density altitude was around 1700-1800 foot and the track was not really that good. Plus we have a couple other things in the works for next year.

I want to thank my pit crew, Jack Plog and Rodney Sorensen, the car wouldn't have even been back out this year after the catastrophic failure on September 30th without these guys. Chris Hogeland for all of the help with the motor the last few years. Cal Hartline for answering all my questions about the xfi and all of the other stuff I bug him about, Brian Hofer and Rich for the baddest 200-4r on the planet and most importantly my wife, Marny Plog, without her support all of these years none of this would have been possible!

Last edited:
Congratulations John, it's great to see you continue to improve and show the true potential of these cars.

Very nice job! 3380 with AC, iron heads, and driver? How much of the body is steel?

It's 3300-3320, fiberglass hood and bumpers but just the shell over factory aluminum bumper supports, and carbon fiber doors.

It's awesome following your success. Keep up the fantastic work John, I will continue to admire from a far.

Everything about this car is pushing the parts farther than most could have imagined. I would have to say that the heads are the most interesting part of this combo to me.....I refer my friends to threads like this when they're thinking they need aftermarket heads and so on. I realize they are not your every day heads but a great example of what can be done with a stock casting.....unreal.

My favorites to follow include John Plog's car, "The Rusty Silver Bullet" (something all new guys should read) , Rob's transplanted Cutlass & Richie's Car due to the fact it doesn't have a lot of exotic stuff on it. Can't forget Brian.... He's pushing the heck out of stock short blocks too.

Congrats

Who's doors?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

They're mine Billy, I do have quite a few borrowed parts on the car but I own the doors!

My buddy got them off eBay years ago and didn't use them so he sold them to me. They were used when he got them so not sure who made them. I believe I remember zero to 60 performance doing a few pairs back in the 90's and for some reason I always thought that they were one of those pairs.