8.5" rearend help

Looks stock to me . What year? Gotta pic. of your trunk sticker? Can get the factory set up from that

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

If my memory serves me. G 87 is open diff. I want to say the Y 56 is 3.42 gears.
not sure what the Y54 would be. There is an r p o code break down on g n t type.org. 1986 came with a 8.5 rear end I don't think they made them any other way , but I am learning new things on these cars all the time

No We2 . Not a Grand National. Unless parts have been swapped :rolleyes:

If my memory serves me. G 87 is open diff. I want to say the Y 56 is 3.42 gears.
not sure what the Y54 would be. There is an r p o code break down on g n t type.org. 1986 came with a 8.5 rear end I don't think they made them any other way , but I am learning new things on these cars all the time

keep guessing you might get something right
but so far you're batting zeros
g87 is for the 8.5 rear (std for all LC2 regals) if there was no G*) then its a open rear but the rpo clearly shows g80 (posi) . but pics say its no longer as it was shipped as thats a 7.5

and the rpo doesnt show a WE2 or wh1 but does show its an LC2 so its a turbo regal but not a grand national or a WH1 designer series
and by vin its not a limited so for 86 its a ttype
color shows 12 U for ocean blue

I realized that after my posts and looking into the rpo codes some more. I will remember to make sure my brain is in gear before engaging my mouth or text.:eek:
How about the 7.5" ? Was that available on a 86 with the lc2 ? My apologies friend

and now its about 1K for an 8.5 (which would need a going over before install and may need a rebuild ) and someone has to do the work to swap it