8.5” Posi rebuild?

Sounds like you have a very nice restoration started and want everything just right. Can’t blame you at this stage of the game to except any than less than perfection. Two thumbs up I support you every step and bump you will hit on the way.
If you want this slightly worn OE spring PM me for a real steal

I appreciate that man but I’m actually about to put this one in right now and call it a day.

Thank you though. This restoration has definitely been one hell of a learning experience none the less

What a mess I have created. I must’ve scraped these teeth when I broke the s clip. Is this ok to run with or....
b800145e18f3c6f51e9d059d53d723ec.jpg

Na , car has some miles on it. If under the gear looks like the none wearing surface the clutches are in good shape. Car mostly stock?

It was mostly stock...before I took it all apart. It has less than 70k on it, half of those miles I put on. The clutches look almost exactly like the rest of the surface.

Those c-clip eliminators are interesting. Probably worth checking out when its time to upgrade. How do those work anyhow?
[/QUOTE]
They eliminate the c clip as it says in the title . You need some kinda axle retention device once you dip into the mid 10s I believe per NHRA . They are pressed on to the axles then are bolted up so the axles can not come out . Idk if you have seen the crazy videos of ppls axles popping out but it made me want to order a set of c clip eliminators. If you wanted to do it the best way imo would be to weld on some 4 bolt ford ends on your rear .