8.5 g body 3.73 rearend value ?

murphinator

looking at a deal on a car that has one and tring to make sure its parts add up to what I tihnk they do and I figure this bunch should know best :cool:

my gut feeling is $700-800 with $500 being a smokin deal and a grand or close probably not happening unless someone really needs one bad and cant find any

car also has a decent 355 build ( speed pro pistons , alum high rise ,etc... built by a guy I have known for almost 30 years) and m20 w/hurst shifter and full hotchkiss suspension setup

86 2 door gp

8.5's even here in Hawaii go for 6-800 if they are posi... if not $2-300...

Buy it as cheap as you can...

i usually get $950 for a g body posi rear.i have gotten this kinda $ several times. if i was in a hurry or needed money i could sell them faster for less money.

i have had 5 / 442 3.73 g body 8.5 rears all were non posi.

non posi rears are much harder to sell even though they are 8.5's

i also usually get $100 for the correct driveshaft as well since it is a inch shorter

thanks for the heads up on the driveshaft , my friend that built the motor replied to my text that the rear is worth a grand around here so I guess thats the high range - not looking to part the car at this point but its always nice if you know you can make money just selling the major components on any car.......

he also said the m20 is worth $500 and the engine with components is worth $1200 or more , guy wants to trade it for my 68 delta 88 fastback

I would want some cash and the car for the delta. That is not an easy car to find compared to the rare 86 gp:rolleyes: Is the delta the one that had diesel fuel on the bottom of car? If your trading to part the gp out dont do it. Think of the junk you will have left over plus all the work to take it a part. Just a thought. good luck

I would want some cash and the car for the delta. That is not an easy car to find compared to the rare 86 gp:rolleyes: Is the delta the one that had diesel fuel on the bottom of car? If your trading to part the gp out dont do it. Think of the junk you will have left over plus all the work to take it a part. Just a thought. good luck

yes same car

kid has 8-9k in the gp not a done deal and yes I would prefer cash on the delta and not a trade.

I am just in the figuring out the value of the gp phase and if I feel the major components are worth more than I am asking for the delta in its current state then I will consider it

i usually get $950 for a g body posi rear.i have gotten this kinda $ several times. if i was in a hurry or needed money i could sell them faster for less money.

i have had 5 / 442 3.73 g body 8.5 rears all were non posi.

non posi rears are much harder to sell even though they are 8.5's

i also usually get $100 for the correct driveshaft as well since it is a inch shorter

I usually throw in the driveshaft if the buyer asks.

I've had quite a few G-body 8.5 rears and most (all but one Hurst/Olds) was Posi.

Maybe its the way the dealers ordered cars in HI.
:cool: