8.5 1987 posi rear end drum to drum

i am looking for 8.5 1987 poi rear end to put in my 1985 buick regal must be able to ship or can pick up if u r close to me thank you chris milliren

GO TO THE OLDS FORUM , RACING JUNK , C.L. ETC THERE ARE A TON OF 8.5 COMPLETE REARS (GN-442) BOLT IN AND GO FROM $300-600 BUCKS
HOPE THIS HELPS YA !!

GO TO THE OLDS FORUM , RACING JUNK , C.L. ETC THERE ARE A TON OF 8.5 COMPLETE REARS (GN-442) BOLT IN AND GO FROM $300-600 BUCKS
HOPE THIS HELPS YA !!

Good luck finding one in that price range. If you can find a drum to drum rear on Craigslist, racing junk, etc with minimal corrosion, good brakes etc that is ready to bolt into your car for less than $750 it is a screaming deal. I have seen some really nice ones sell for as high as $1300. I sold a POS rear though for $500 that was too rusty for my liking. It needed to be completely gone through (drums, brakes, seals, bearings, sandblast, etc)....There is a very high demand for these things and people aren't giving them away..... Just sayin

Good luck finding one in the price range. If you can find a drum to drum rear on Craigslist, racing junk, etc with minimal corrosion, good brakes etc that is ready to bolt into your car for less than $750 it is a screaming deal. I have seen some really nice ones sell for as high as $1300. I sold a POS rear though for $500 that was too rusty for my liking. It needed to be completely gone through (drums, brakes, seals, bearings, sandblast, etc)....There is a very high demand for these things and people aren't giving them away..... Just sayin
I have never sold one for less than 900.00. The one I have is real nice actually in the car right now or I have one that's 1200.00 with 3.73 and eaton center

U can have a 9" built for that with all the goodies

Chris do your self a favor. Look around.

i get $950 for posi ones all the time. they dont usually hang around long either. i have had 2 guys come from canada a couple years ago 8 hours 1 way. i had a member on here drive down from maine a couple weeks ago guessing a 5 hour 1 way drive to pick one up. had another guy drive like 5 hours 1 way up from washington dc to get one a couple years ago. your probably not gonna find a posi 8.5 g body rear for $300 there is way too much demand for these. i have literally had these rears sold several times before i have even owned them

i get $950 for posi ones all the time. they dont usually hang around long either. i have had 2 guys come from canada a couple years ago 8 hours 1 way. i had a member on here drive down from maine a couple weeks ago guessing a 5 hour 1 way drive to pick one up. had another guy drive like 5 hours 1 way up from washington dc to get one a couple years ago. your probably not gonna find a posi 8.5 g body rear for $300 there is way too much demand for these. i have literally had these rears sold several times before i have even owned them
9". Hell your looking at 2500 for a cheap unit dont try to do an ultracase 40 spline gundrilled axles ect. 4g easy. Buy one for 900 that you know is good and be done with it. Hell you will scour the earth trying to save 150 bucks not me these are getting harder to find everyday

28in. tire??
Have you ever ran a Turbo Buick with 3;73's ? Well I have and with a 28in. tire and went slower than with my 3;42 gears. Same exact set up but for the gears.

28in. tire??
Have you ever ran a Turbo Buick with 3;73's ? Well I have and with a 28in. tire and went slower than with my 3;42 gears. Same exact set up but for the gears.
Yep sure have. Picked up 2tenths. When u get in the 10's. It helps a lot
But he is looking for an 85 regal!!!!!! That may have a small block in it.
373 with a 28 is perfect. But no matter.

Rears oh plenty
imagejpeg_3_3.jpg

I don't know what your combo is but it slowed my 10sec. car down by a tenth or two, didn't hardly even 60ft. any better.