8.5" 10 bolt

R

Regal1975

how cheap can i expect to find this for?? need one for a monte ss.. doubt if the stock 7.5" will hold up for too many passes.

thanks

oooooo, not cheap my friend.. You will be lucky to find one complete with a limited slip for under $600..

7.5 axle

well, it's not recommended for everyone, but this is what I did:

budget buildup - 7.5 Monte axle...

->Richmond 4.10 2 series gears $193.00

->Summit mini-spool for above $97-99.00

->install, either self or garage - 4 hours or $200.00

->used tires - free

->lower air pressure about 5 - 10 psi so it doesn't squeel as bad when going around corners.

*-> it's bearable and cheaper if you don't mind an occasional squeek around a corner. you don't necessarily have to be worried about twisting an axle or "turning wide" as some do with a spool...just air those tires down a bit. I drove mine on the street for 2+ years. HTH and e-mail me if you have any questions...

Mine has lasted for over 100+ 1.7 60 foot launches ( and lasted on a 200+ shot of spray, but NOT at the track). At the time this is what I did to stick to a budget. There are trade offs either way. I have yet to see an 8.5 for under 800 dollars but there are always some "deals" out there or someone who needs the money.

I've seen some 7.5 bust while others last. Some parts have flaws while others don't.

John C.
LedSLED Motorsports
jcofolla@twcny.rr.com
(315)298-1000

Expect to pay $300-$500 for a non posi and $600-800 for a posi.
Maybe a little higher on each IF it has after market axles and maybe c clip eliminators. Anymore than that and the person is smoking crack.