FlintBuick4Life

CHINAmerica...
Well I don`t want to spend hours posting pics, so here is a video:biggrin:

YouTube - 78 Buick Regal project

Basically it went from this:(
19640108027234480417661.jpg

To this:eek:
1000781a.jpg

I didn`t take pics of all the repairs... yes, there was even more rust:rolleyes: It looks good, but its not even close to being finished... I will be repairing and painting a turbo hood for it, I will be using a lip spoiler off a SS Monte, I will be experimenting with some header panels to make it more aerodynamic:biggrin: I will lower it and I will be using different wheels... I like my originals, but I would also like a little change in style.

1000960v.jpg

For the motor, I am using a N/A edelbrock intale/carb setup for now... I have both C/T and SFI setups, but only so much time and money to make it happen. I am planning to go with a blow-through setup(Weiand intake, Holley carb, 86/87 turbo, intercooler and so on).

mikemcvaney gave me the idea for the Monte SS trunk lip:biggrin:
92150d1264809802morepic.jpg

Hmmm, kept the '78 grille (GOOD) but has '79 tail lights?

Don't suppose you hung on to the old lights or any of the trim when you ditched the vinyl top?

After watching your vid, I scrolled down and found the link to mine... :)

No, the car hasn't made any progress since. :(

YouTube - Going to get Adam's regal...

Hmmm, kept the '78 grille (GOOD) but has '79 tail lights?

Don't suppose you hung on to the old lights or any of the trim when you ditched the vinyl top?

After watching your vid, I scrolled down and found the link to mine... :)

No, the car hasn't made any progress since. :(

YouTube - Going to get Adam's regal...

No the bottom pic is mikemcvaney`s 80 Regal.

Oh ok, I seen that video before... is it running?

No, I'm slowly disassembling it for a frame-off. I've mostly just been in parts collecting mode since I dragged it home.

Oh ok, I hear ya there... I just got the draw-through parts I needed, but now I want to do a blow-through:rolleyes:

Oh and yes, I still have the vinyl trim and all the side trimming too.

Sure, what ones do you need? I will post some pics for ya tomorrow.

You wouldn`t happen to have a spare rear window trim(aluminum finish) would ya?

I don't, but to my knowledge it's the same all years and models, so it shouldn't be that hard to track down. Of course I could be wrong about that.

As for the trim- For the landau vinyl roof, I think all of mine is intact except for one short piece above the driver's quarter window. I'll need to double check that for sure.

For the rocker trim, was yours originally a Limited? The passenger door and rocker pieces are badly damaged on mine, the rest seems ok. However I wouldn't be opposed to a lesser trim package provided I can get a complete set.

I really should have pulled more parts off the black car before it got hauled off.

Mine wasn`t a limited... my great grandfather special ordered it with the trim package, wheels and A/C... but that`s it... it was a 2bbl N/A 3.8, hard top, no power seats or windows, no cruise... idk what the hell he was thinking:biggrin:

But my trim pieces are in pretty good shape, so ill get some pics to ya... The flat trim that went on top of the doors are bent from me trying to get them off and the ones that went along the A pillar are trashed:redface:

wow nice thread jase i didnt even know you started it.. you know i made the how to do body work thread in the how to section.. if you want to add some things it would really help the thread out. btw have you ever thought of spraying some pearls over that black. i bet it would look good. your a bodyman and painter so i know it shouldnt be a big deal for you to do it if you wanted to. all you would have to do is wet sand the car with 1000 and then spray clear coat over the car with pearl mixed in the clear.. i wished you lived closer to me because i would have showed you the harley tins i did a while back they where black with blue pearl, in the sun the tins would look like a cobra (you know what im talking about the AC cobra blue). it was real cool and i didnt think it was going to turn out so good. i might post how to spray pearl in my post. my buddy want me to do the custom blue pearl over black on his dirt bike... but great job on the car so far. when are you going to put the drawthru set up on... do you have the exhaust manifold or HA headers for that setup... if not i can help you look for some..

Thanks. Yeah, I thought I would make it now and when I get the turbo hood this week, I will start working on it... It has a few rust spots and some dents to fix. I thought about pearl too(I can steal some from school:eek::p). I still haven`t wet sanded the car yet... I will buy some clear coat and do that this winter. I would like to do flat black or gloss black Chevelle SS style stripes over the black metallic... that would be cool to do pearl over:biggrin: I am also getting a trunk lid from the same guy, so I might weld my own lip to it. I can post pics in your thread too. I will put the D/T parts on when I have it all planned out where everything hooks up at. I am using the headers, up&down pipes and turbo from my '85 motor. I will make my own header for the B/T setup.

Thanks. Yeah, I thought I would make it now and when I get the turbo hood this week, I will start working on it... It has a few rust spots and some dents to fix. I thought about pearl too(I can steal some from school:eek::p). I still haven`t wet sanded the car yet... I will buy some clear coat and do that this winter. I would like to do flat black or gloss black Chevelle SS style stripes over the black metallic... that would be cool to do pearl over:biggrin: I am also getting a trunk lid from the same guy, so I might weld my own lip to it. I can post pics in your thread too. I will put the D/T parts on when I have it all planned out where everything hooks up at. I am using the headers, up&down pipes and turbo from my '85 motor. I will make my own header for the B/T setup.

you can get pearl for right around $10.
Custom Painting Pearls items - Get great deals on PPG, Dupont items on eBay Stores!

Nice looking 78. I couldn`t sell my 78... there is just something about driving a B4B car that connects with your heart... its probably just the exhaust fumes, but still:biggrin:

Here ya go Adam
1011129.jpg

1011130x.jpg

1011131.jpg

They just need to be cleaned up... I just realized they look scratched up in the pics:biggrin:

Matt, thanks for the link... not bad pricing. I will swing by the Matrix supply store here and see what it cost before I order some... it`s in the ghetto, so everything is usually cheaper:biggrin:

They just need to be cleaned up... I just realized they look scratched up in the pics:biggrin:

Matt, thanks for the link... not bad pricing. I will swing by the Matrix supply store here and see what it cost before I order some... it`s in the ghetto, so everything is usually cheaper:biggrin:

if you find pearl cheaper let me know because i might have you get me some. if you find heat reactive paint cheap tell me too. here is a link so you know what i'm talking about. ORANGE Color change temperature paint thermochromic 86F: eBay Motors (item 350292842987 end time Oct-09-10 09:15:53 PDT)

Polishing is nothing for me. I'm definately interested in all the passenger side pieces. The dent in the driver's rocker set looks easy enough to work out, but I need to go look mine over to see if it's better. PM me a price for all of it shipped to 68358.