78 Lesabre Turbo Sport Coupe

5,500- Really you're not gonna fix one up yourself and save any money for this price. If anyone was close enough I'd make an offer to have my 87 Charger repainted in exchange for the car.

Still got it, bump. Possible trade for a 3800 V6 5speed Firebird in similar condition. I have some extra L67 parts to supercharge it so I'd consider a trade. Has to be a 5speed.

Stupid question, but can I ask where it originally came from? My girlfriend in college (20 yr ago) drove one identical to that, and it went back to her parents (the original owners) afterwards. Always wondered what happened to it.

I picked it up in Hastings, MN back in 97. When I bought it, the top half of the engine was in the trunk. He had burned a hole in 1 piston, replaced it and never got any further. The last time it was registered before I bought it was 86. So it sat for 10 years.

Well, the wife crashed her car on Saturday 9/11. I'd consider some trading up or down for a Cobalt or HHR with a 5 speed manual. Hopefully no black, white, red, or silver though. Just a regular, not an SS unless the deal is good enough.

Still got it, 5,500. Or if any of you are body and paint guys I'd consider trading for a paint job on my 87 Shelby Charger. If you're somewhat close to Minnesota too.

That's all I have for now.

Attachments

• IMG_3752-1.jpg
    IMG_3752-1.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 676
  • IMG_3753.jpg
    IMG_3753.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 674
Nice looking car... other than the turbo bulge in the hood, you would never know what motorhead assault awaits you...

What a sleeper! LOL!

Spring is here....sort of. It really has not warmed up that much and it's Memorial weekend already. Anyway, still got it. $4,500. Or else I'll just keep it. You can't put together a decent car for that price. You'll probably start with a pos for that price and stick just as much into it. This car is pretty nice, not perfect but no real nit pickers have really put it down at a car show. As I stated in a post in the turbo lounge of how A guy got hosed on ebay I won't lie and tell you it's cherry. It's very nice, the only thing that will need attention somewhere down the road is the floor. You're not going to fall through, just not worth fixing until someone starts making new floors for the 77-?? B bodies. Or if you find a good donor then sure go ahead. The paint is nice and it was painted with the front clip off and the car pretty well torn down(removed any trim, pulled quarter windows, door handles,locks,lights,quarter caps,and on and on). New vinyl top, headliner, door seals,window sweeps. It's a car worthy enough to upgrade even further with an intercooler and more if you need more power.

I'm sending my Charger to the body shop soon. It'd be nice to make some room. I know I'll miss this car but I've got enough.

Sale is pending...Amazing thing is that the guy found it on the LS1tech site. He asked me if I had picked it up near Hastings/St.Paul Park area and it turns out it was his neighbors car and he used to sit in it as a kid when it was parked beside the garage and he dreamed of driving it one day. You know what I mean, you sit behind the wheel and dream of racing down the road in the car envisioning how awesome it would be all fixed up. He just couldn't believe it was the same car. He finally looked at the car and remembers just how sad of shape it used to be in almost 15 years ago. I could've actually sold it a few times, of course it's the kind of car they started talking about putting 24's on it and driving it everyday as the only means of transportation and I would just cringe. I'm glad it's going to someone that truly does have a personal connection to the car.

It's been a while since I've updated this ad. I thought I had it sold this winter to a guy that actually had a personal history with the car but he flaked too. Anyway, I'm not asking a ton for this thing but I'm not going to sell it to any Tom Dick or Harry that's just going to use it and abuse it(unless they really will care for it too). So again it's back up for sale. $4500 is good enough as long as I know it goes to a good home.

Yes I'm bringing this to the top I still have it. I had someone that I thought really wanted it but he flaked out. It's in decent shape but will need some finishing touches. I don't want to sell this as just a used car someone will run into the ground. It's not a rusty pos filled with bondo but will eventually need the floorpans replaced as soon as someone starts to repop floorpans for the 77-89? B-body. If you're going to do it, do it right so it can wait until new ones are being made. Nice paint, already converted to EFI, 200-4R. If i can get $4,500 that's all I need. Drive anywhere. Feel free to have someone inspect it before purchase, I've hears the horror stories of long distance transactions that have happened to people here and I won't lie just to make a sale. I'm in no rush but yet at the same time it'd be nice to make some room. The rest of the body is great, just some floor repair needed in the future. I'll be completely upfront with you if you call and talk to me, the wiper motor doesn't work either. The wiper motor hasn't worked for years and I haven't bothered fixing it because I never drive in in bad weather.

fresh bump, yeah I know this thread is getting old. I've been in no rush to sell but it really would be nice to make some room for my next projects. I would like it to go to someone who really wants it, not just as a daily driver/used car. Don't be too afraid to make an offer, I am getting somewhat inclined to sell.

I think it's a cool car at a good price I just don't have the room, to many Buick's now. The EFI conversion is nice but would have been better if it was a intercooled setup. That might make a easier sell? Have you tried posting it on the V8 board? www.v8buick.com You never know? Good luck

I think it's a cool car at a good price I just don't have the room, to many Buick's now. The EFI conversion is nice but would have been better if it was a intercooled setup. That might make a easier sell? Have you tried posting it on the V8 board? www.v8buick.com You never know? Good luck
I went out to the farm & had to move the car around. It needed a wash anyway & I took more pics for those needing me to show its condition. I also made a vid of it running on my phone too.
IMG146.jpg
IMG157.jpg
IMG154.jpg
IMG158.jpg
IMG152.jpg
I took a pic of the door jamb for a reason. Originally both jambs were rusted & I had to cut it and make a patch & weld it in. It may not look perfect show quality, I was trying to recreate the way it looked originally with seam sealer/body caulk just like they used. It's not bondo & I wanted to point that out.