73-87 Chevy/GMC plow trucks

Scott A.

Anybody have one of these trucks? I'm fitting up a Western plow which came off a F250 to my 85 K20, pretty much everything is different between the (2) trucks. Have the plow frame bolted up to the truck frame, but need to find some pics of how the lower braces tie to the truck frame.

Looks like I can use 2" angle iron to mount to a 3" piece of angle in front of the shock mount on the truck frame, but using the 2" angle is a little close to the leaf springs. Anybody have any pictures that may help? Just looking for some ideas, I know there were lots of these trucks on the road at some point. Our local yards has nothing either, guess people don't junk plow trucks too often!

Thanks,

I dont know if this helps but I had to fab mine to fit too. Mine is bolted to the very front of the frame and then the triangular plow frame follows the truck frame back and is bolted to the frame once again just in front of the sway bar. I cant get pics tonite thou. It used to fit a mid size truck and is a narrow plow that just covers the width of the truck but I rolled some 1/4 plate steel and made my own wings and its plenty wide now, Has worked for the last 3 years so the mount is solid and nothing has bent......yet.HTH

Scott since your in Richmond try Mr Plow in Greenville Oh see if he has an old hitch around, just don't do any wiring they all most burned a couple of my old customers trucks to the ground. I sold commercial trucks for 20 years in Cincy.

Xcessiv - thanks for the info. I've never heard about Mr. Plow.

Twister - the piece that goes in front of the sway bar is what I'm trying to fab. I looked at a old Chevy last spring and its braces went further back to the front of the shock mount and that's what I was trying to copy. I can't remember what size angle they used. The clearance between the sway bar and the frame to get that far back is a little tight using 2" angle iron.

Thanks,