72s or 83s injectors

laymond thomas

i want to upgrade my combo i have 55s pt-70 turbo 70mm throttle body/plenuim steel ported heads pte frt/mount jimmys trans vigtl9/11 convertor 214/210 billet roller/340intank and 340 external in need to know if 72s have better street manners or the 83s also i want a reds chip or neals give me some opinions no me chip also have not been to track with combo give some quater mile times with mph.signed my last1

I think you should try and get the 55's dialed in before going crazy on upgrading injectors.....you will run what you run at the track, but the combo has the potential for mid 10's......although I dunno about your fuel pump (what is an "external" 340?)

I think your choice of chip will limit your capability unless you have a direct line to whomever is doing them........

what is a "vigt" 9/11 converter?

good luck

Welcome to TB.com, Laymond

Street manners depend most on: your overall state of tune, having a well-balanced combo, and if your chip was specifically burnt for your unique combo.

HTH :)

hey lamond, hows it goin. you forgot to mention 1 very important thing. STOCK SHORT BLOCK. be careful how far you push it.

woody, why didnt you like the 72's?

surej

72s-83s injectors

oh. yes stock short block low milage of course .thank you dr.boost i will see you at ans tomorrow i remember reading someone had 83s with a red armstrong chip i would like to his story of streetabilty also my external pump must be a holley it flows 290gph if i remember right i got it from ls1.speed inc i know not your average v-6 is reading this

Hey, LT welcome to the board. Go ahead a settle on the 72's to match that 70 turbo, you'll be doing the short block soon anyway. And, then a could get the 55's from you for cheap. :D

ok,mike good answer i will be seeing you soon,fellows i would like to hear some more comments anybody thats reads this board respects you guys opinions like i do i would like to hear some quarter mile times/with mph it turns me on : people with similar combos talk to me heavey hitters am i worthey..sign mylast1