703 original mile 87 GN

Ahhhh, gotta love this. Engine wasn't even broke in yet (taken last year)....:

Attachments

• low.jpg
    low.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 541
Originally posted by JP87GN
She is a beauty! Too bad you don't enjoy it more. Who are you saving it for?

You know, my wife ask's me that same question about a low miles Syclone that I'm getting (its not low like this GN, but its only got 28k on it..)

I tell it, I'm saving it for myself when I realize I only have one of the few with that many miles on it. Drive it just enought to keep it running in good shape. :D:D

Awesome!

Don't know how you fight it (driving)..... the force is strong with this one... :D

No Flame intended....

At one time I thought it was truly nice to have a super low mile car and let mine set for 10 years without even taking it out on the road. At that point the car was 100% bone stock and I mean 100%. Doing a lot of road traveling, I see many old rotted out park cars that have just gone to waste and it made me wonder how and where my car would end when I‘m dead and gone or for that matter what kind of condition the car would be in 50-75 years from now. With that in mind back in 2000 I struggled w/ keeping or parting with the car due to never driving it. I decided to start driving her, well I can tell you I’ve enjoyed her more the last 5 years than all the previous years I owned the car since it was new. I can’t place a value on it now because it’s not for sale any more or do I have any kind of ideal where the value will be 25 years from now. But I can tell you other than buying it, it was the best decision I ever made to enjoy it for what it was intended, One of the Greatest Muscle Cars to ever prowl the road.

Without question yours is a SUPER NICE CAR but when your long gone, was truly enjoied? :)

getchasum,

I had to face the same decision too. I didn't wait 10 years but what good did it do me to have a 500 mile GN just sitting in my garage year after year? It really belonged in a museum and I didn't want to be the one who made her into a daily driver. So I decided to liquidate it and get a Turbo Regal that I could drive and not feel guilty about...which is what I did.

gnturboray,

I am very interested in getting some wheels like that. If you don't mind, where did you get them from and how much a piece were they?

Thanks Dean

Originally posted by nwarky
gnturboray,

I am very interested in getting some wheels like that. If you don't mind, where did you get them from and how much a piece were they?

Thanks Dean
You get Simmons at groupawheels.com . thats where I got mine.

Re: No Flame intended....

Without question yours is a SUPER NICE CAR but when your long gone, was truly enjoied? :) [/B][/QUOTE]

This seems to be the question that is posed the most....when I bought this GN I already had another 87 GN that had all the chrome and go fast goodies. I drove, raced and showed this car and loved every minute of it.
A couple of years ago I had some life changing experiences; divorce, new job, new place to live etc...I sold my other 87 and kept the low miler. Now that I'm single I have every little time to get this car out,,,to shows and what not. I work on the weekends and my schedule constantly changes. When I do have some free time, I'm either going out or on my motorcycle. I don't neglect the car in any way,,,I baby this car and enjoy uncovering her and looking at her like a fine piece of art.
So see just because I don't drive it all the time does not mean I don't enjoy her. I love this car,,,and when my single life slows down, hopefully I'll be able to enjoy her more,,that is unless I sell it.

:( :)

Re: Re: No Flame intended....

Originally posted by gnturboray
Without question yours is a SUPER NICE CAR but when your long gone, was truly enjoied? :)

This seems to be the question that is posed the most....when I bought this GN I already had another 87 GN that had all the chrome and go fast goodies. I drove, raced and showed this car and loved every minute of it.
A couple of years ago I had some life changing experiences; divorce, new job, new place to live etc...I sold my other 87 and kept the low miler. Now that I'm single I have very little time to get this car out,,,to shows and what not. I work on the weekends and my schedule constantly changes. When I do have some free time, I'm either going out or on my motorcycle. I don't neglect the car in any way,,,I baby this car and enjoy uncovering her and looking at her like a fine piece of art.
So see just because I don't drive it all the time does not mean I don't enjoy her. I love this car,,,and when my single life slows down, hopefully I'll be able to enjoy her more,,that is unless I sell it.

:( :) [/B][/QUOTE]