70 Series Turbo

INTERCOOLED

Hey guys-

I am going with a 70 series turbo on this recent build, but I have a few questions, and I need a few opinions. I have a stock block, installing .20 JE Pistons, H-Beam Rods, Eagle Forged Crank, and GN1 heads. I am also installing a Roller Cam.

First of all, which 70 series turbo do you guys suggest or have had good luck with? What injectors should I use? What roller would you suggest? 218?

My obvious goal is easy 10s.

Thanks! :D

Depending on whether or not you want to have the most streetable set up go with a 72bb p-trim or a 70GTQ for the strip. You could go 9's with supension, fuel, and tuning with what youve got and the GTQ. My friends car runs high tens with a PT67 all day long at 3700lbs and a 210-205 flat cam @26psi with soft 1.65 60's. You need to figure out just how quick you want to be. A T66BB would suit your needs quite well also, and spool like mad. Your limitation would be the bottom end if its un-girdled. I will be testing the 72bb and 70GTQ this spring. I have .020 over JE's, stock crank, H-beam rods, girdled, iron heads with a 212-212 roller. I will be shooting for 10.50's off the foot brake with the 72BB and sub 10.20's with the 70GTQ off the trans brake all at 3600lbs. Ive gone 6.70's in the eighth at nearly 103mph with a PT54 and the same buildup as mentioned above except .030 over. I know it would have gone tens easily with the PT54.

I have a 70 gtq and drive it on the street all the time. It doesn't spool the fastest but I run a pretty fat tune, so that doesn't help. I run a fast xfi system and really havn't had a lot of tuning time. My car weighs 3830 with me in it and its gone 10.50's with a bad coil pack, pulling 10 deg. timing on the run, and mid 10 O2's. Kinda fat. I have ported irons, 218-212 roller, eagle crank, oliver rods, steel caps, girdle, fast, xfi. 9's are easily obtainable with your build if you go the gtq route, may be over kill, but a smaller turbo will net you your 10's easy with your heads and have a better spool time for the street.
Just my 2c.

70Q bb here. Spools fast off the foot brake. I've spooled 20+psi off the foot brake with a Precision 6 pump. My best mph was 132 @ 23 psi, so with more boost, high 9's/low 10's should be within reason.

A few weeks ago I put down 606.6hp the rear wheels with a non bb T-70 P trim .82 exhaust housing. Rest of combo in sig.

im running a 70 limiter turbo with a stock block and stock heads with only bolt ons and boosting around 23lbs, i cant even hold tracktion off the lanch, youll have fun with your setup :cool:

DonnieShort said:
A few weeks ago I put down 606.6hp the rear wheels with a non bb T-70 P trim .82 exhaust housing. Rest of combo in sig.

What kinda boost were you running to get those numbers?