70 gtq

Both Wheezy and I have a TH400 would the different 1st gear ratio help or hurt spoolup

BTW I just got off the phone with a Jim at Precision and he said 3500-3800 stall for the 70GTQ

well, just call Precision......they'll have all the answers........:rolleyes:

woody is right

you must have 3800-4000 depending on cam size. i dont think jim at Precision runs a 70gtq. someone that has that turbo should know better!

first of all,i was refering to his atitude all the time,not his advice.

second of all,i feel there is no "totally correct" answer to this question.to many variables effect this.

nick,

Nick

gee, I am real sorry I am a d!ckhead!

I was trying to offer you some information and you just more or less called me a liar.......or implied my info was bad

I really don't appreciate that attitude at all!

You have advice now from two people that have that turbo (me and Len) and you can do with it what you want!

I'll make a point of ignoring your posts in the future so as not to annoy you! (and hopefully, you'll do the same)

I just upgraded to a GTQ 70 with the .85 housing. Purchased a new converter with a 3500-3600 rated stall. Wasn't enough :(
Going to 3800-4000. I'm using Champion's Irons.

Good Luck

Originally posted by azgn
well, just call Precision......they'll have all the answers........:rolleyes:

Woody, the reason I said I just got off the phone with precision was to state a point of refference.

I was not arguing with your suggestion...in fact I appreciate it.

Obviously if I took their word as gospel I would not have even posted.
(they have the pt54 listed on thier webpage as needing a 3000 stall and in my experience a 3500 was more like it.)

Wheezy and I have similar combos and are both interested in the 70 GTQ and so are both interested in this topic.

all I wanted was a few peoples experiences with this turbo.

I have that now.

thanks...

if you though I was somehow discounting your response...and felt it necessary to interject some sarcasm......you misinterpreted.

azgn and others who have the 70gtq, how high of a psi these turbo's go up to until they lose there effeciency?? I know my te45a was about 27 psi. I jsut bought a 70gtq, I love it, still playing with it though.

thanks
Ralph

Originally posted by gnfanatic
azgn and others who have the 70gtq, how high of a psi these turbo's go up to until they lose there effeciency??
thanks
Ralph

24 psi is the max for this turbo.

Thats alot of boost. I have a te45a thats being fixed right at limited. I think this turbo sounds insane, it sounds like a chrager at 2000 rpms. I love it.