7.3 Power Stroke @ the track last night!!

buickman69

Retired Buick Enthusiast
Went to mid-night madness @ Huntsville, Ala last night. This guy pulls up and stages long side a new Lightning. It's a 4x4 ext-cab F-250. The tree comes down and he beats the Lightning running 8.31 @ 84 mph :jd:

Then 2 more Lightnings 1 blue, 1 gray run him and get BEAT-DOWN!!!! So I had to talk to this guy and find out about his ride! Said he had $12,000 in it to perform what i've seen:jd: Spent $5,000 just on the tranny rebuild, converter, exhaust, propane, NO2, turbo, injectors and computer re-programed.

I got to ride with him on 2 passes. Pulled a 1.79 60ft on mudder/street tires:TU: and ran another consistent run beating a Lightning that came back for more :bglasses:

The pull of this truck was INCREDIBLE rideing in it. He was leaving the line @ 2,400 rpm and felt like the pull/g-force equivelant to a mid to low 7 sec pass. He said it weighed 7,200 lbs and was making 1,400 ftlbs torque. If he could take 3,000 lbs off that thing he'd be in the 5's easily. I was really impressed, just cause you don't see performance outta a truck like this everyday. It's stock appearing, full interior with gun rack, tool box, and stock Ford wheels like any regular F-250 you'd see out on the road.

Talk about a SLEEPER

Wish I was there just to see the look on the Lightnings owners faces!!!! That will bring em back down to earth. :eek: ;)

FWIW: My brand new crewcab Duramax just ran a 14 second pass with only a chip. This was with 850 miles on it and stock airfilter, exhaust, etc.. Nothing else done to it.

Originally posted by HighPSI
FWIW: My brand new crewcab Duramax just ran a 14 second pass with only a chip. This was with 850 miles on it and stock airfilter, exhaust, etc.. Nothing else done to it.

FYI- dont crank the boost up on that stock turbo, im sure you will read it on the turbo isuzu boards...
a friend of mine sucked the impeller blades and puked all the engine oil into the muffler:eek: it was when the trucks first came out and he cranked the boost up way to high, i think it was 32 or so:rolleyes:
i assume that stock turbo isnt supposed to be turned up that high....

14s with a chip.... not bad, not bad...

I run 38-40psi of non-wastegated boost in my Cummins. Stock turbo with a 16cm turbine housing. The gent who tuned my truck runs in the 10s with his 6400lb. Dodge. Auto Wurks Diesel in Caldwell, NJ. Worked PSD guys jaws drop when they're V8s get beat by a straight 6 Cummins.:cool:

guys around here running duramax's running 8.03 and 12.59and backed it up with a 8.04, it impressed me, nice truck too.

HighPSI- is it a flip switch box between 150 and 250 horses?

that is what he used to blow it up...
it was the only truck to blow up at the diesel day dyno, it was sad to see it break being brand new :(
i have no clue as to what box it was, and i know nothing about the new isuzu motors-
but make sure everyone else is haveing no problems with that setup, just to make sure yours wont do it in the future-

my 02 cummins is set at 29 psi and the turbo is efficient up to 35psi- its the stock HX-35:D turned up to compensate for the extra fuel

Originally posted by Quick6'n'-K.C.
HighPSI- is it a flip switch box between 150 and 250 horses?

TST Box. Same as Kent Rudbeck, Gary Harmon, & Dave Fiscus. It only adds 140 & 360 ft/lbs. That's why I was suprised I went a 14.