6466 or 6766

Double-L

I was planing on replacing my 66 BB turbo never been ported, with a 6466 BB but a friend was racing the car at the NMCA race at Norwalk and the transmission went out or the torque converter went south, Anyway a guy from Precision Turbo was at the race and my friend talked with him about my car and he said the 6766 would be a better pick for my car, I don't know if he was just talking going faster, It wouldn't hurt my feelings to go faster but I am really looking for a faster spooling turbo so it won't eat the transmission up boosting it so much going into the lights, He also said to replace the 3 inch down pipe with a 3 2/1, What I was wondering is do anyone know if the two turbo's spool about the same, Yes ,No, He also said make sure it is ported

You need to post your build.
The 6466 is no joke !! I would put one on my stroker motor...don t know what my motor flows but I think that turbo is WAY under rated. Bison will chime in...

Bryan

Back in the spring I had the same decision to make, the ones that I spoke with recommended the 6766. I purchased and installed the journal bearing 6766 with a .85 exhaust housing. It spools so fast when bringing the car up to launch RPM that I'm having a hard time not spinning the tires. I made 2 passes Saturday at Beechbend with boost @ 26#. The first pass was spinning, 11.18 @ 130.68 w/ a 2.1 60'. The second pass the car hooked and went 1.52 60' and 10.26 @ 129.48.

6466 spools lightning fast. In less than a second it will hit 20#'s You definitely need to port it real good though.

I have the 6766 w/85 housing,my car is 100% street driven. Very quick spool, compared to my previous GT70. More power too.

Thanks for the info it sounds like either turbo is going to work good, Just need the fastest spooling, bad V6 I am having trouble spinning right now but working on it, Got some tips from a wheel standing champion and started making changes just so it doesn't hurt the street manners, My car is a street car that me and my friend likes to race in the NMCA races and the local track races, My chip is burned for 26-28 pounds of boost on pump gas and alky spray but we run 20-22 pounds of boost and the car if it hooks runs 10.40 at 131 but like I said I want a faster spooling turbo, Also my friend was wondering if the chip burned for 26-28 pounds is right for 20 pounds and I said I don't know, Will post the build on the car but just wanted to know about the turbo

What mods are you doing to the suspension?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

You need to post your build.
The 6466 is no joke !! I would put one on my stroker motor...don t know what my motor flows but I think that turbo is WAY under rated. Bison will chime in...

Bryan

1987 grand national
JE with total seal filed rings
Champion GT1 aluminum heads
1.65 shaft mount rockers
Comp part # 69-400-8 Cam
Girdle
Egale Crank
Eagle H-Rods
Hemco plenum
Accufab 70mm throttle body
Big front mount Intercooler
83lb injectors
Meth Injection
Walbro twin pumps,
200 4r with the best All billit
PI 5 disk convertor,lockup at 126 mph
3.42 gear
LT1 mass air meter with translator
4" cold air intake
Turbonetics CPT 66 BB turbo
TA performance headers
ATR 3" down pipe
Turbonetics delta gate mark II 6psi
Turbonetics boost controller

Picture of your current turbo? You may be happy with a simple turbine housing change. I don't see a 6766 with a BB solving your issue. Nor a 6466 to replace your 66 an ideal($) move. I believe at 22 psi they will all feel and spool the same if BB and using a precision .63 exhaust housing.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1384255532.288332.jpg

Current turbo is a turbonetics 66 bb. Been on the car since 06-07 (whenever the Buick race was held at Indy) it works good but I know there has been better to come out since then

What mods are you doing to the suspension?

Qa1 upper/lower fronts. Addco upper/lowers rear. All the good bushings. 90/10 in front. Qa1 in rear. Had konis on the front but they didn't extend fast enough so I tossed an old set of 90/10s from my Camaro (they fit) last race the 60' was consistent but it was Norwalk. Everything hooks there lol

I was expecting to see the uncovered turbine housing. I wanted to see if it was a precision or garret. .63,.81. or.85 size exhaust housing.

I love the 6466, Pricey but with a purpose build like my Stroker This motor should hit over 700hp on the Dyno with 28 pounds of boost.... Should be a real Monster....

"Purpose build" I don't know what it means for anyone else, but for me its when I tell the person or company that I am building a stroker motor and want it to make over 700hp... What do I need to make that happen... Mr. Bissonette told me that this turbo might be overkill but, I couldn't help myself, that and Jason's custom 5inch D/P....

"Purpose build" I don't know what it means for anyone else, but for me its when I tell the person or company that I am building a stroker motor and want it to make over 700hp... What do I need to make that happen... Mr. Bissonette told me that this turbo might be overkill but, I couldn't help myself, that and Jason's custom 5inch D/P....

The only thing overkill about that turbo is the price lol

What is the purpose? I want the car to run and boost the fastest it can with the limitations I have to work with, The car was like new when I got it, Never was used as a street car, had about 5,000 mile on it when I got it, At one time it had all the parts to put it back to stock, Now all I have is the stock wheels that might have 100 miles on them so I want to keep it a street car, If it wasn't for that I wouldn't need to be asking this I would just stick a turbo 400 with a break in it

Double-L's car is one of the cleanest that I have seen for sure. I see it at the track all summer long. His SSR is just as fast and just as nice too